“Dirty trick played by waitress...” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 308 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Brew Pub, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cathedral Street
Annapolis, Maryland
“Dirty trick played by waitress...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

We've been going to Ram's Head for years and years. The food was generally OK, but we mainly went for beer. We recently went for a light dinner, and my beer glass had a bad odor on it (I rotated it half-way, and the other side stank, too). So I asked for a new glass of beer because of this problem. The waitress did bring a new glass, but I discovered that she had simply poured the old beer, from the smelly glass, into the new glass, and topped it off. That doesn't seem right. (If they do things like that out front, what do they do in the kitchen, where they can't be seen?) The manager apologized for the waitress's behavior, but refused to compensate me. Seems pretty sleazy. We won't be going back soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Booked a reservation at the tavern because we were coming for the 9:30 Kathy Mattea show. We weren't expecting much because we were there for the music. What a pleasant surprise. We had the best wings we've had in a long time. The vegetarian black bean soup was excellent. Service was great. And as an added bonus, ten percent off both the dinner and the after the show bar bill.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Va
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

we stopped here tired and hungry after arriving late... great beer garden area. We had wonderful crab cake sandwiches, the crab dip was also great! Good local brewery beer- Fordham Lager. Menu was very diverse with typical bar food to seafood to mexican style.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
annapolis, md
“Beer garden yes-Dining no”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I agree with the previous reviewer, this place has gone down hill fast. Maybe because it has become a chain with locations now in Crownsville, Rehoboth Beach, Baltimore, etc.? The beer garden is great, and their sud selection quite extensive. The atmosphere in the other rooms are comfy and pub like. But stick with some free munchies during happy hour and you probably won't be disappointed.

Their meals, however, lack taste, freshness, and quality. We still love the place for its venue for musical talent, but we stay away from the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“What happened to this place!!??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

I have been going to The Ram's Head Tavern for 2 years and have loved it every single time.... until now. Is it under new management or something? Either way, everything has gone south. I have never had such terrible food there and our waitress was terrible too. She literally threw down the plates with out speaking, didn't bring any water refills, didn't ask us if everything was okay, and hardly spoke at all in general. I had to pin her down just to get a glass of wine. I asked for the side vegetables, but didn't have the option to pass on the butter when I asked, and when they arrived, they were covered in slop and oil and I couldn't eat them. What a wasted $5. We got no bread roll with our salads as we used to, and my boyfriend's $20 steak was very tough. Dessert was a joke. Horrid "apple pie" smeared in whip cream. I'm no cook but I could have made a better pie than this "straight out of the freezer" variety.
I have never written a review before but I was so irritated by the whole thing that I felt I ought to warn anyone out there that is about to go plonk $80 on lunch at The Ram's Head that you are in danger of bad food and unfriendly wait staff if you venture in there these days. I just don't understand it. It was my very favorite place for a long time. Yesterday was indeed the last time though!