“Nice, cheap accommodation.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive

You added Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Admiral Cochrane Dr, Annapolis, MD 21401 (Formerly Homestead Annapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Middle River, Maryland
“Nice, cheap accommodation.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This place is quite nice, and for the price you get basic, but clean and comfy accommodations. The room was very basic, but it was clean and it had everything we needed for a quick stay (minus the dryer ... which was missing?) Really nice blackout curtains are a plus. All-in-all, average hotel that I would book again for a quick stay.

If you need a nice play to stay for a night or two, this is perfect - not sure I would stay there for an "extended stay," but it was a

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

First off, there are two Extended Stay Americas within about a quarter mile of each other -- we arrived first at the wrong one (our own fault -- we were booked at the one on Admiral Cochrane and accidentally showed up at the one on Womack, didn't occur to us there would be two hotels of the same chain so close to one another), and were politely redirected to the right spot. After the experience we had, we wished we had stayed at the first place we arrived instead.

We booked this hotel just as a place to crash after a friend's birthday party in Annapolis so we wouldn't have to drive home. We arrived around 5:15 PM with plans to check in, quickly freshen up, and be down by the docks by 5:45 or so. After telling the desk clerk our name, he typed a few things into the computer, then said, "I'm sorry, I'll be right back, just give me a few minutes," and promptly disappeared for about 10 minutes, leaving us at the front desk with no other staff in sight.

When he returned, he informed us that our room was not ready yet (at 5:30 PM!). They offered to take our bags up to our room for us when it was ready, but I wasn't feeling too confident in this place at this point, so we just freshened up in the lobby bathrooms and then stashed our bag back in the car and called a cab to get downtown.

When we arrived back at the hotel late that night, a different clerk was at the desk, and he was very nice -- he expressed disbelief that our room had not been ready at 5:30, gave us our keys, and graciously offered us a late checkout of 12:30 PM the next day. He also stated that they'd been recently "having trouble finding people to clean the rooms," which may have resulted in our room not being ready earlier in the day.

The room itself wasn't awful -- nothing fancy, loud HVAC unit, scratchy towels, and a weird pink stain in the bathtub, but aside from that, it was standard economy hotel fare -- things seemed clean enough (though considering their apparent housekeeping staffing issues, who knows?). We got a good night's sleep (VERY good blackout curtains).

The next day at 11:45, we got a knock on the door -- my boyfriend went to answer it, and it was a guy with a sheet of paper who told us that checkout had been at 11:00. My boyfriend explained that the clerk the night before had told us we could check out at 12:30. Clearly there was no communication or any system of recording which rooms had been given a late checkout. The guy in the hallway said he "could give us til 12:15." I'm sure those extra 15 minutes make a huge difference in their effort to have their hotel rooms ready for the next guest before 5:30 PM.....

We ended up getting out of there around 12:25, with no further contact with any other hotel staff (there was no one with a housekeeping cart in the hallway waiting impatiently to clean our room, surprise surprise, and no one at the front desk when we walked out).

We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest in the area, and all we needed was a quick crash pad for a night -- we did not expect anything fancy, but we at least expected a room when we needed it and a modicum of professionalism, and we got neither. An earlier review on this hotel says, "It's the staff that makes the difference," and that couldn't be more true -- this could have been the exact same hotel with the exact same features, room, location, etc., with a 5-star (5-dot?) review if the staff had done their jobs (including making sure the rooms are ready on time and communicating with each other).

There are probably 20 other hotels within a half mile radius -- stay at any of them but this one.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Danielle - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to our attention. We are truly sorry for your experience. We apologize that your room was not ready when you arrived and that our morning staff was not notified of your late check-out. We will be working with our staff to ensure our rooms are cleaned in a timely fashion and that all of our staff is aware of check-out times.

We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
eve7777
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was able to book this hotel though Expedia very very last minute due to a mistake at Knights Inn with my stay (read my review here).
It is 2:00A.M. in the morning when I arrive only to be told that they are also sold out.
Now I paid for a 2 night stay at $100.00 dollars a night and not to mention the $80.00 dollars that I was out from the other hotel.
I had been on the phone for the last hour trying to find a room, This hotel was a very far from where I needed to be, But I was desperate so I'm telling the Lady that how they going to charge my card and send me a conformation with the correct dates and not have a room for me.
She is still telling me they are sold out.
I was not having it. She then tells me after what seem like for ever that she has one room but that it needs to be cleaned if I would like to wait, I tell her of course I have to wait.
Cause I have no choice everything is booked, Even though it's not her fault.
Don't know why she couldn't save me the stress and told me that from the get go.
Meanwhile I'm on the phone with Expedia, they telling me they will connect you to our relocation department.
I'm informing them that I cannot be relocated because my ride had left already The phone call was lost, They didn't even attempt to call me back. Now it is 3:00 A.M. I am dead tired have to be up by 7:00 A.M. The lady come back hands me a keycard, I go up to my room there is not even a glass or plastic cup to have a drink of water in the whole room. No dishes, no pans, no silverware. The room was not bad It seemed clean and it was quiet. The bed was comfortable and clean. The wi-fi was a little slow but at that point was just happy to have a room

Room Tip: Wi-Fi was very slow.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We arrived at the E.S.A. today with our printout of our reservation. We were told our reserved seven day stay could not be offered at this hotel because it was overbooked. After much debate we were sent a few blocks away to another E.S.A. for similar accommodation ... NOT! The single double room was a far cry from the queen suite we reserved AND the whole place reeked of cigarette smoke BECAUSE IT IS AN ALL SMOKING HOTEL! I am allergic to smoking ... we left and returned to our originally booked E.S.A. for their further recommendations. The nice young lad at the front desk tried to contact other suite hotels in the area but all were booked for part of or all of our seven days requested.

The manager was not helpful except for offering to send us to another city which only added to our inconvenience with a "loaner" car. We were left to our own search and were successful for at least the short term.

We will never book here again. This business stinks in more ways than one! A reservation with this organization means nothing at all!! Avoid them like the plague!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
manchester, vt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Nice to go to a hotel where the staff cares. I travel for work periodically and get the chance to visit many different hotels. Most hotels are the same. Its the staff that makes the difference. They were helpful and gave me great advice on local places to eat and visit. They always had a smile. The rooms were clean and pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Spring City, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very pleasant long-term stay. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable, quiet, clean, and 'homelike'. Housekeeping staff also did a fine job. (I wish the room had a conventional oven instead of a dishwasher, but I knew that fact when I made my reservation.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This stay was amazing and special thanks to Mr. Nizar for welcoming us with a smile when we first walked in. The area that surrounds was also very convenient; almost everything was right around the corner or down the street. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive? Share your experiences!