“Great stay for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Admiral Cochrane Dr, Annapolis, MD 21401 (Formerly Homestead Annapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
NYC
“Great stay for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during Plebe parents weekend in August and selected it primarily based on the price that I was able to get on one of the travel websites. Many of the hotels were sold out or very expensive due to this popular weekend. I had read the reviews and had already accepted the fact that it was just only going to be a for three nights so it couldn't be that bad. Since there were so many bad reviews I was very skeptical but this place was great for what I paid, especially for the Annapolis area. I was informed by the front desk staff that the hotel had just completed a renovation prior to my arrival. It did look new in spots and old in others but it was very nice for the price. I was able to check-in very quickly which was a great thing and I was off to my room.
My room was the deluxe studio with a queen bed. The room was decent and not too small. It had a queen size bed and a pullout couch which my son slept on. The room had a full kitchen but limited utensils/dinerware. The couch was a synthetic leather which was a little weird. Other than that, the accomodations were adequate and the bed was very comfortable. The AC was great!
Breakfast was only granola bars and pre-packaged muffins, and some assorted fruits. Free is the key word here.
All of the staff were very nice and extrememly helpful. There is a shopping center right down the road and a mall a little further away with plenty of stores, restaurants, and a movie theater.
Don't believe the negative...give it a try!
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is bbq grill in the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My father arranged a room for my children and I while we were in the Annapolis Maryland area in June.

To start with, the rooms are poorly furnished for somewhere you are expected to cook and eat. We had three plates, two bowls, and sparse silverware, for three people. Cooking wise, we had one sauce pan, and one skillet. No mixing bowls, no strainer, no measuring devices.
While there were several glasses, all of them were dirty.

The hotel was under renovation, (which is not the complaint) but when the renovation in the room adjacent to ours caused the light fixture in our bathroom to break, we had to clean up the broken shards ourselves. The rooms do not come with even a broom.

The housekeeping had not cleaned the room, just remade the bed after the prior guests stay, which was obvious when we found condoms in the drawer beside the bed.

And worst of all, there is a cockroach problem worse then I have found in nasty one star hotels that cost less then half what this one cost. A problem they did not treat during our stay, after multiple complaints, and did not refund my fathers money so we could go find another hotel.(Daily claims were made they would hire an exterminator to come out, they never did so. They offered to move us to a different room, but then rescinded that offer when it was discovered their only open room was to be renovated the next day)

And worst of all this, upon contacting the company chain about all of this, all they did was send me a form letter that they would look into this.

Room Tip: If you are going to be in this hotel, pray.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
o
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Extended Stay for over 3 months while we waited to move into our new house in North Carolina. The staff was wonderful. Whenever we needed something the staff (Angie, Tim, the cleaning crew and the custodian) stopped what they were doing to make sure we were taken care of. There is complimentary coffee and some fruit and snacks every morning, as well as free WiFi. The hotel is very convenient to many eateries and shopping. We would certainly stay there again if we are in the Annapolis area.

Room Tip: Actually there is no restaurant or pool but I the site seems to want to rate each item. The rooms w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My stay in this hotel was really nice. The hotel & adjacent grounds was very clean & rooms are clean and well maintained. The morning grab & go breakfast was good. The basic complimentary wifi had a good connection & was more than enough for carrying out my work.

All the staff-members (specially Tim, Angie, Kolby) were really courteous & exceptionally helpful whenever I approached them for anything. I look forward to staying in this hotel in future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Davis, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My stay was fantastic the staff (Angie & Tim) were exceptionally helpful when I needed I needed anything Housekeeping were great the entire stay was great. I love the flat screen TV's the beds were comfortable
The grounds outside were exceptionally clean and neat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a Nice review. I'm glad that Angeles and Tim make your stay comfortable and home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My family of four stayed at this hotel for 5 months while we were in the process of relocating to the Annapolis area. The beds and bedding were very comfortable. I was able to make basic meals in the kitchenette area. I liked that it had a full size fridge and dish washer. The hotel is located near many restaurants and shopping areas. The maintenance was excellent. Any concerns were addressed immediately. I was very impressed with every staff member! They all were very helpful and always ready and eager to assist in any way. One staff member in particular that was very helpful was Tim Campbell. If I ever need to stay at an extended stay again, it will be at an Extended Stay America.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms and location in Annapolis.
We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed with Extended Stay for the last three years - the grounds and interior of the complex are kept impecable and above standard grade at all times.

The staff, to include, Angie, Tim and Karen go above and beyond the usual customer expectations to make sure that the stay away from "home" is memorable and making you want to return and not go to another hotel chain.

I look forward to referring this establishment to friends and families.

I wish this "resort" much continued success in the future.

Thomas Washington

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for you nice comments. I am glad you our staff was able to offer you excellent service. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive? Share your experiences!