“Nice amenities; great staff” 4 of 5 stars

O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   174 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401   |
Ranked #13 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Staten Island, New York
“Nice amenities; great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed in a King room. It had plenty of open space, and everything was neat and clean when I arrived. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous - I brought my bicycle down and they gave me the option to bring it up to my room or store it in a secure shed. I chose the former, but they advised me that if I had brought more than one bike I would have to store them in the shed.

I traveled alone, and the bartender helped to make it a little less awkward, offering friendly conversation and suggestions of what to do in town.

I thought I had read that there was a pool on site, but I must have been mistaken. Still, it would have been nice to be able to go for a dip during the sweltering heat and incredible downpours.

All in all, I would definitely return to the O'Callaghan the next time I visit Annapolis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Albert M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. Sorry, we did not have a pool on site to cool off from the heat and humidity in our area. Please come back.

albert.montone@ocallaghanhotels.com

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is our choice of hotels when we stay in Annapolis which is a couple of times per year. You will find the team to be friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful! The hotel itself is small but clean and beautifully decorated.

Located on the up and coming West Street in Annapolis, you are easily within walking distance to all of Historic Annapolis. If you prefer not to walk, there is a FREE trolley that runs the historic corridor. West Street offers several great dining options if you prefer to remain close to the hotel. Some of my favorites: Level, Miss Shirley's (breakfast/brunch), or Crush Wine House.

The only downside to this hotel is the restaurant/bar located within the hotel. We recently decided to give this establishment another chance and was yet again disappointed. The restaurant/bar staff were rude and unaccomodating. We ended up having our nightcap at Fado, just a few blocks from the hotel. It's too bad the restaurant team isn't outstanding like the hotel team. It could make a BIG difference in revenue for them not to mention enhance the experience of hotel patrons. Disappointed again at the restaurant...

Room Tip: The suites with balconies are a great choice! You can people watch while enjoying a glass of wine o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Albert M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to serve you. Thank you for the great review about our service on the hotel side. I apologize for the experience you had with our food and beverage service. I will correct our shortcomings in this area and appreciate you calling it to our attention.
Please contact me directly, should you wish to discuss your stay any further.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I use to live in Annapolis, and when visiting, I always stay at the O'Callaghan. The guest rooms are well appointed, spacious and very clean, as are the the public areas. It's a great location and a very easy walk down to the waterfront, with lots to explore along the way. The hotel employees are extremely helpful and courteous. I highly recommend this hotel for leisure travel, as well as meeting and conference needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the fantastic review about your experience during your recent stay. Please come back. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me directly.
Downingtown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis is my favorite place to stay in Annapolis. The Staff have always been very friendly and helpful, and the Rooms are lovely. Their Restaurant is very nice, and very handy, as it made a great meeting place for our Family. The Parking Garage across the street from the Hotel is easy to access, and eliminates any "street-parking woes".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albert M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words about our staff and service. We appreciate the great review. Please come back.

O'Callaghans Hotel
Covington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Facilities, service and location made our visit a superb experience. Recent reviews are right on! Try it, you'll agree! We were there for a visit to historical Annapolis and the hotel is perfectly situated. The bus line is is right to the door and shopping and restaurants are a delight. O'Callahan rooms were tasteful and large, and the breakfast was all you could want and the service was 5 star quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for mentioning the great attributes we have at our facility. I appreciate the great review and look forward to serving again in the future.
Please contact me directly should you need any further assistance.

O'Callaghan's Hotel
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Visited Annapolis for the first time this week to take my son to a camp at the Naval Academy. The O'Callaghan was the absolute perfect place to stay. Close enough in proximity to walk to the Academy, and not miss any of the shops and restaurants in between. The room was large and comfortable, the restaurant & bar was terrific- only paled by Jacque at the front desk who made sure everything was perfect everyday!

Room Tip: I don't' know about the other floors, but the 5th floor was quiet, comfortable and the room...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing O'Callaghan's hotel on your recent visit to Annapolis. We appreciate that you keeping coming back to our location. I will also pass on to Jacque your comments on her service and spirit to serve.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Over the past few years our son has gone to various programs at the Naval Academy so we have been to Annapolis several times. We have tried a few different hotels, usually one when we drop him off and another when we pick him up. We have all decided O'Callaghn's is our first choice! The rooms are comfy and spacious and the staff is always pleasant and helpful -- even when we checked out at 3 am to catch an early flight!. The whole vibe is much more personal than most other hotels but it still feels has big hotel amenities. We have stayed there 3 different times and it has always been consistant. The location is great! The value is by far the best we have found and we won't be trying any more hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albert M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased that we will be your first choice in Annapolis. Please contact me directly, should you need any other assistance.

O'Callaghan's Hotel
Albert.Montone@ocallaghanhotels.com

Been to O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis? Share your experiences!