“Place is just okay....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Place is just okay....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the O'Callaghan Hotel from November 9th-12th.

Location: Not bad, Not Great. You can walk (20 minutes) to the center of town/bay, but it gets annoying after a few times. There is a free bus that runs often. Bottom line- There are a lot of other hotels/ b and bs that are more convenient.

Room: I stayed in room 248. Room was okay. It had a tube television (come on). Wallpaper peeling off in certain areas. I killed some sort of bug (not a roach). Stains on rug. Top of entertainment center was extremely dusty (I am 6'5'' so I can see those sort of things). View was that of an alley/garage.

Staff: Seemed nice. Did not interact with them that often.

Parking: I parked at the Public Parking garage across the street for 1/2 the price that the hotel cost.

Annapolis is wonderful, O'Callaghan Hotel not so much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
OCHAnnapGM, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear John A,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to give us the feedback on your stay.

We are also delighted that the city has put on a free shuttle service into the downtown area, we are just one mile from the water, so we are considered to be in the historic district.

I will be sure to address the armoire tops with our housekeeping team to ensure they are properly cleaned, thank you for bringing that to my attention.

We will have new flat screen TV's from very early next year, so I hope you will come back to let us know what you think of them.

Again, thank you for your feedback, it is very helpful.

Kindest regards

Lesley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Wasco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were visiting my family in Maryland all the way from California. My uncle had to put us up in a hotel last minute because he had some business friends who were staying with him overnight and this place is such a delight! Upon check in the staff was very friendly and we woke up a little late for the breakfast however, the lady working the breakfast room was extremely friendly and went as far as to cut up some banana for my 6month old son. I love annapolis and how its so metropolitan! If I were ever to live on the east coast Annapolis would definitely be the spot. This property is perfectly located in the heart of Annapolis. I will definitely recommend this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear GoodntheHood,

Thank you so much for your review and for your kind words about the staff and service, I will be sure to pass these on to the team and to Rachel in the restaurant!

We hope that the next time you are in town to visit family, you will consider staying with us again, around the holidays we offer some very special rates for those visiting locals, please give us a call.

Many thanks again.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at the O'Callaghan for the second time while at the Annapolis Boat Show in Oct. Rooms are fairly priced and are nice, big and clean and the staff was great! The John Barry Bar downstairs is a nice spot to grab a nightcap and the food is good.

While not on the waterfront, it is close enough to walk to - and the walk takes you down mainstreet and by all the great shops and restaurants. A stop over at the US Naval Academy is a must - especially the Museum, Chapel and Memorial Hall

Room Tip: Lots of great places to eat and there's a basement bar called the Sly Fox Pub, that's suppos...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
OCHAnnapGM, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear VuduMaster,

Thank you for coming back to stay with us during Boat Show and for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted you enjoyed the John Barry bar and I will certainly pass on your praise of the staff.

Just so you know there is also a free circulator that also takes you to and from the waterfront (we were lucky with the weather this year over Boat Show but as many know, it often rains!) - it runs every 10 mins and stops right outside our door. The City of Annapolis put it on and our guests love it.

We hope to see you back for Boat Show 2013 if not before.

Many thanks again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the O'Callaghan in September 2012 for my 45 Year College Reunion. Had a wonderful time! Room was fine. Had no problems with ANYTHING! As others have said, hotel is close to restaurants. The free shuttle gets you down to the Annapolis harbor area very conveniently. The Naval Academy is an easy walk. Had two great breakfasts in the hotel. The last night there was a banquet catered there at the hotel which was excellent. All in all we had a very positive experience at this hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
mdgirllp, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Don B

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay. We are delighted that your reunion was a success and we very much appreciate your lovely comments. I will be sure to pass these on to the team here!

We hope that you won't wait for another big reunion to come back and see us again!

Many thanks

Hampton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our stay in Annapolis was wonderful -- what a great city to visit in the Fall! However, this hotel was a serious disappointment! It is in a great location, within walking distance of so many things, and it looks okay from the outside. So, it was very disappointing to see how dumpy the rooms were when we checked in. I agree with another review that stated it was "Musty, Dingy and Tired," as that pretty much sums it up. The fan and A/C did not work and the beds were really uncomfortable, making a good night's sleep impossible during our stay. I do give them credit that they sent someone up to re-set the A/C unit, but the bottom line is: don't waste your money here. I'm guessing that it has been a long time since the owner has visited his hotel and viewed the rooms....this place really reflects that sad fact.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OCHAnnapGM, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear JANDC007,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I apologize that your stay with us was not a successful one.

We are currently implementing a rigerous maintenance program reviewing all AC units to ensure they are working properly, I am sorry that yours did not work properly. I can assure you this will be dealt with immediately.

If you are coming back to Annapolis and would consider giving us a second chance, we would very much appreicate it, please contact me personally to make your reservation.

Many thanks again for your feedback.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We booked this hotel well in advance via hotels.com for a wedding we were attending, and really didn't feel like it was worth the $200+ we paid. The room was small, dated and the thermostat didn't work when we arrived, but the hotel quickly fixed the latter when we called downstairs about it. Based on the other reviews here about the room size - it makes us wonder if we got a "third-party web site room" based on booking it through hotels.com. The property seems nice and the staff was accommodating but maybe book it directly through them and you may have a different experience. We will probably stay at the Marriott near Pussers next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RL-TX,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, we appreciate getting feedback from our guests. I certainly apologize if you got a smaller room, we do have just a few Queen rooms that are a little cozier than the rooms with two queen beds. Some guests love them!

I can assure you that we do not allocate rooms according to how our guests book with us, the room type is normally dictated by what is reserved.

We would love to have you come back to stay with us, if you are coming back to the area, please contact me personally and I will do my very best to get you a complimentary upgrade.

Thank you again.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel is clean, well appointed and has enough charm for a weekend. I was there on business but would come back with my wife. My rate was very high for what the hotel was but the boat show was on and I am sure everyone had their rates jacked up because of it. Note there are other hotels closer to the water and the main historic area and you do have a bit of a walk from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jim67_12,

Thank you for your response and for taking the time to share your lovely comments. We greatly appreciate them.

I hope that we told you about the shuttle that runs from accross the street to the waterfront and drops you back right outside the hotel, if not I certainly apologize. It is a great service the city has provided and many of our guest love to use it.

Boat show is a busy time for Annapolis, I do hope you will bring your wife for a weekend soon, we have some amazing offers for Fall and Winter.

We hope to see you soon!

Lesley

Been to O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis? Share your experiences!