“Don't bother if you are passing through town.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 298 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, International
Description: Excellent local eatery offering Mexican and Latin cuisne.
Description: Excellent local eatery offering Mexican and Latin cuisne.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't bother if you are passing through town.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We decided to try this joint as we were driving through from DC to Charlotte based on TripAdvisor recommendations. Frankly, the owner is pretty self-involved and I think he has put people up to place ratings on TripAdvisor so that this restaurant can get a higher ranking. He is great at talking himself and his restaurant up as he goes from table to table, visiting with his customers. But that doesn't help the food, the margaritas nor the service. It was our mistake to listen to TripAdvisors this time.

First, don't believe that the margaritas are fresh. THEY AREN'T. They are made with that bottled margarita mix and then they put a lemon on it, I guess because limes are so expensive. Could they please disclose that? When my waiter saw I wasn't drinking my margarita, she offered to make another. I told her that I had come for the 'fresh' margaritas and that this was not fresh. So they made me another one. The owner said he wanted to make it right. Sooo.... He made one out of lemons. It was so bad. I didn't touch it but they still charged me nine bucks for it. See the photo. I have never seen anything so ridiculous.

The service was awful. We were there on the day that the wind blew over all of the umbrellas on the front deck. Our waiter was taking our order but she ran out to solve that problem and we never saw her again. Several waiters and the owner walked by our table for ten minutes. I finally yelled out, "Would someone please take our order?" Many have said that the service here is great. It is not. There is no support from other waiters when a waiter has to deal with a wind emergency.

The whole episode was comical. The food was good enough. Truly, people, the chips and salsa are no different from any other average Mexican restaurant. I guess folks in Annapolis just aren't used to good Mexican food?

Don't bother if you are passing through or visiting.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Excellent waiter, attentive staff, but entrees were average. Chips and salsa were very good, but both the Pollo Tropical and the Pollo a la barbacoa could use a sharper seasoning or two. The Pollo's chicken breast was very tender... but the barbacoa's "secret sauce" was unremarkable. The fried bananas for dessert were yum! Restaurant is situated in a lonely location in Parole (next to a liquor store) and would benefit from a move.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Great Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My friends and I had lunch at Sin Fronteras on Saturday. The restaurant is located in an older strip mall, but we found a great surprise inside - a well decorated place with great food. The owner visited with us twice during our visit, I had a great Cuban sandwich, and the service was very attentive. A great choice for lunch in the neighborhood - steer clear of the neighborhood chains and give Sin Fronteras a try!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“A Nice Find In Crabtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Read the reviews on this place and thought we would give it a try. Don't let the outside fool you, though there it isn't great for parking and it looks "iffy" from the outside, it's all about the food and service and I must say it was excellent! Great homemade main courses, the chips and salsa were good and the drinks were excellent. Next trip though we will be stopping to try another item on their menu!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chestertown, Maryland
“Come here immediately!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Absolute food bliss. Amazing fresh food, sparkling service, bright-tasting drinks. Definitely a 10+. Can't recommend it enough!