“First Timer at Country Inns & Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
North Charleston, South Carolina
“First Timer at Country Inns & Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed 3 nights. Place was clean. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good. On our second day, the water heater went out and there was no hot water for nearly a day. Management apologized for the inconvenience and only charged us for two nights instead of three. This was a fine customer satisfaction response in our opinion. We would return if in the area again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Hertford, NorthCarolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. Overall pleasant experience. Reasonable price included free breakfast. Appreciated complementary shuttle to and from boat show. Close to major highways.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad that the shuttle worked out for you during the Annapolis Boat Show. We look forward to seeing you next year!
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

There were no surprises at this hotel, pretty much like other Country Inn & Suites I've stayed out. Clean rooms, excellent breakfast. It was a little more off the beaten path than other hotels in the area, not right on the main highway. Easy access to main roads though. We stayed in a room on the front of the hotel and the morning sun was very bright. They didn't have privacy curtains, just sheers. I could also see the Best Buy neon sign all night. The side facing the back of the hotel would have been better, plus it looks out on a small patch of trees.

Room Tip: Ask for the back side of the hotel, not facing the road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We do in fact have blackout drapes in all of our rooms. There are decorative panels, sheers and then blackouts in front of the windows. I have asked my housekeeping team to do a better job of stacking these so that they are more visible. We do apologize that this impacted your night sleep with us.
Annapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here one night for work travel. The room was fine; clean and comfortable. However, the first hour of my stay was horrible. Check in was a little slow, but the front desk staffer noticed a line of 3 to check-in and soon got off of the phone (a customer) to assist with "rush hour" (4:30pm check-in).

The reason my review is a 3 is due to the quality of the facility and nice, spacious rooms. If it were on service and attentiveness alone...it would get a 2. I have family nearby who were watching my toddler son while I covered some work related meetings in the area. I had promised my little boy all day he would get to swim in the pool. Upon arrival I checked in quickly, my family came by and I quickly changed my son into his swimsuit and water wings. Once we got to the pool (4:50pm) I noticed a fair amount of families and commotion. We got in the pool (I had only 45 minutes tops to spend with my son this day during a hectic work week away from home) and were told by a SWIM INSTRUCTOR we had to leave the pool until 5pm!!! You try telling a toddler he now has to get out of a pool he looked forward to all day. I was beyond frustrated with this situation.

First off, when you look for hotels with amenitites it's often the reason for choosing that particular hotel (I was looking for one with a pool I could enjoy with my family). Two, online when making a reservation (directly from the Country Inn & Suites site) it does not say ANYWHERE the pool only opens at 5pm (ridiculous) AND that the pool really is open earlier, but only to those from the area taking swim lessons.

I'm in business and understand the hotel wanting to make some income from their facility, but COME ON NOW this was beyond absurd! If they continue to do this, they should notify their clientel upfront. I was made to look like a second class citizen infront of the other swim lesson families (and my son), when I was a guest of this space and should not have been told to get out of the pool until 5pm. The door should have been locked and notice should be at least on the door (that still would be frustrating, but not as bad as telling a toddler to get out of the pool). The swim instructor told us we had to wait for the life guard and that he would arrive at 5pm. I had limited time with my son, so whether the life guard arrived on time or not I was going to get back in that water at 5pm. 5pm rolled around, no life guard on duty-- but my son and I got back in the pool. Thank goodness we did stand up for what little right we did have because the life guard arrived at 5:22pm.

Before changing for my work event, I told the front desk staff right away I had a complaint and needed to voice it to management. The front desk staff woman (Tiffani I believe) listened to my concern. She seemed simpathetic to my frustrations as a working mother, but did not seem to know what to do professionally with my complaint. I gave my name, the fact that I'm a Club Carson member, and my room number.

During my short stay I was not contacted about the incident by anyone. The lack of service, poor policy for the pool guest, and disregard for my satisfaction should be known to other future guests. As I said to Tiffani, I'm not trying to get anything out of my complaint-- just some awareness to future guests and a plea to mention that the guests at this facility really aren't guests when it comes to using the amentities we are paying for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We take guest feedback very seriously and I regret, that we were unable to meet your expecations. We do have limited pool hours due to Maryland laws that require us to have a lifeguard on duty at all times. I have made sure that these hours are listed on our amenity page of the website and in the lobby of the hotel. At your convenience please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to further discuss your concerns.
Santee, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here one night on a long road trip. Room was comfortable and clean with lots of hot water. Breakfast was good with hot food and make your own waffles. Internet service worked good. Down side was the spa was colder than the pool. Life guard at the pool was very nice as was the delightful young lady at the front desk who used to live in Los Angeles. (sorry I didn't get her name). Overall we had a pleasant stay that would have been perfect if the spa had been hot.!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased to say that the spa is back up and hot again. I am very sorry that this wasn't working while you stayed with us. If you are back in the area again, please contact me directly and I will make sure that you can enjoy our full set of amenities.
Washington state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Enjoyed the room, breakfast, shuttle service up to 4 mile radius, and the friendly, outgoing staff!. Location is great especially to leave our car and take the shuttle down town. Parking is tight down town! Used the washing machine/dryer and was very satisfied with it's convenience. Would stay again in the same location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us in Annapolis. Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again!
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Making the phone reservation was easy and pleasant as was check-in. The room was clean and comfortable which we've found whenever we stay at a Country Inn and Suites. The free breakfast here was exceptionally good...not just the basics. It is also in a good location, a bit out of town but still convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Annapolis? Share your experiences!