“Go for the SugarBun” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Delaware
“Go for the SugarBun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

While in jAnnapolis, my husband and I passed this highly decorated pink corner bakery and restaurant and just had to go in. We intended to get a cupcake but the owner talked us into a SugarBun. Oh my goodness, what a mouthful of happiness. They are made fresh on site and baked when ordered. It was so decedant and ours was covered with icing. You never wanted it to end! They also sell slices of Smith Island Cake (one of my very favorites) but they were sold out the day we were there. The staff is so friendly and it was a pleasure talking to them. We must return the next time we are in Annapolis. Maybe we will try the Lobster Roll for lunch

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York, NY
“Absolutely GROSS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Aside from a very friendly and bubbly waitress - this is one of the worst meals I've had in a long time. My husband and I wanted to taste the Sugarbuns...since they are a specialty. We were shocked to find a PRE-PACKAGED MICROWAVED croissant with some sugar glaze spread on top. It tasted like rubber. They should be embarrassed. My turkey club was vile - the turkey was a bad cold-cut taken straight from a plastic package. Horrible food - please don't bother.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Cute place, terrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Coffee bad. Omelette overcooked. Potatoes underdone and greasy. Honeybun MICROWAVED!!!

Stay away.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“My new favorite Annapolis Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I travel to DC for work but have lately starting extending my stays to include weekends in Annapolis. It's a charming town with plenty of great sites and food. I've been to every restaurant in the heart of town and the one I find myself going back to every time is Sugarbuns in the Kitchen. It's an adorable breakfast/lunch place that has an amazing lobster roll, great chowder and fantasitic desserts. Whether you're grabbing a sugar bun to go (I stock up about a dozen before I leave town) or sitting down for a casual lunch, I highly recommend checking this place out. You might even get your picture on the wall...

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing lunch spot with lots of character!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This cute little spot has everything you could want in a breakfast/lunch spot.... caffeine, cupcakes, delish sugar buns, and the BEST LOBSTER ROLL IN ANNAPOLIS! No filler or condiment overload, just huge chunks of lobster meat served on a toasted roll. Great service, cute boutique-like environment, and prime location right off of the main downtown drag. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the area!!!!

• Visited February 2012