“A special homecoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 Holiday Court, Annapolis, MD 21401 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #13 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Woodbridge, VA
“A special homecoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My Sister and I were able to get together and attend the Homecoming football game at the United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland. Our family has a history with that amazing place going back to 1916. I was able to book a double room at the Doubletree in Annapolis. The hotel is wonderfully located - the staff were warm and welcoming and a very special thank you to John the shuttle driver - who got us all to and from the football game on Saturday! The room we had was 337 - facing the freeway BUT with no noise from the busy road to disturb the wonderfully relaxing stay. Nearby is a multitude of eateries and we even made it to a local theater to see Argo! The beds were sooo comfy it was hard to get up and out. Another plus is that the hotel has gone green - the trash cans in the rooms have two sections - one side for usual trash the other side for recycle items. The shampoo and soaps are natural no yucky stuff in them. Did i mention the beds being soooo comfy? I haven't slept that well for a while! Thank you to all at the Doubletree Annapolis.. we will be back!

Room Tip: using the shuttle will cut down on the stress of trying to find parking downtown.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is located on a beautiful property with quick and easy access to high-end shopping and eateries. The evening I stayed, I opted for my convenience, to eat at the hotels' restaurant. The atmosphere was great, the food was very tasty and not at all over priced, but most of all the service was incredible! The two gentlemen working that evening, Charlie and Donnie, were so accommodating and their friendly and witty banter with myself and the other guests left for a very entertaining evening.
Overall my experience was a pleasant one, however I had one small complaint. After checking out I called the front desk and talked to a women about faxing my room receipt to my corporate manager and was told i would receive a phone call to confirm it had been completed. I never received a call. After unpacking that night I also realized that I may have left my iphone charger in the my room and called again. I spoke to the same lady and also tried to get a status on that receipt as well. She called me back to tell me she was 'pretty sure' the receipt had been faxed and would call me back about my phone charger. Three days later and have yet to here back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We chose this hotel specifically because we were visiting Annapolis during the boat show weekend, and wanted to avoid the parking hassle by utilizing their free shuttle. Very pleased. The hotel was very comfortable and well kept, the staff pleasant and helpful. The hotel is located across the street from a new upscale shopping and eating area which was within walking distance. We did not eat in the restaurant, but it appeared as if he menu was not ridiculously overpriced as some hotel restaurants tend to be. Only one other comment, and it has to do with the shuttle drivers. The first shuttle driver,he was working in the morning Oct 7th, a gentleman, was friendly, pleasant, and helpful. Opened the door for us, helped the ladies down the step, etc. Very customer service oriented. The second driver, a female later in the day was almost the complete opposite. Barely acknowledged us, appeared disinterested. If she would only realize how attitude reflects upon the establishment (and tips given, trust me).We were not expecting much, just eye contact and basic manners. Overall it was a wonderful stay and we would definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Spent one week in this hotel for business travel. The entire service staff - front desk, dining, and cleaning - were all extremely accommodating and personable. The corporate rate included complimentary breakfast buffet which was excellent. The free shuttle was continuously available for transit to Annapolis destinations. The room was always very clean and included a refrigerator. The fitness center was readily available in the early morning. Riva Road was a convenient, central location for business, dining, and visiting Annapolis.

I will concur with other reviews; the hotel could benefit from a remodel. Additionally, there was a very slight hint of smoke more evident in the hall entry into the non-smoking room. There are also multiple wings of hotel rooms; one of which faces a freeway. Ear-plugs enabled good nights sleep.

The hotel was solidly booked with conferences, all week, that appeared to be managed very well. Although, the hotel was extremely busy, the conferences were never disruptive.

Overall, I felt the hotel stay to be a good value, and would come back to this hotel for a return visit to Annapolis. Thank you to the Doubletree for their commitment to excellent service!

Room Tip: Reserve a room not facing freeway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cat Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place just has a good feel when you walk in. Our room was very pleasant, clean -- everything we would expect from a good Hilton property. Also, since we were tired from traveling and we didn't feel like venturing out, surprise, the restaurant on location was very good and friendly service. We were treated to free breakfast coupons as we are Hilton Honors members and the breakfast buffett was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brushy Creek, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for a recent reunion and it's good, but not as good as some Doubletree hotels.

To begin with, we had placed an "on arrival" request for some items to be in the room when we arrived. None were, and no apology or acknowledgement was made of the miss. We left some laundry one morning that was not delivered in the afternoon as promised. Repeated trips to the desk eventually lit a fire under the night manager who read the cleaner the riot act and got most of what we had sent returned in the late evening. Apologies were given but I still had to pay for the stuff that was washed even though I had to chase them several times to get it done.

We had complementary buffet breakfasts each morning thanks to our HHonors Gold membership - a decent spread with some very good fruit and a nice selection of other items. The hot starchy bread item rotated between pancakes, french toast, and biscuits. Several juices, milk, pastries/toast/bagels, and homemade granola rounded out the spread. Not sure I would pay the $14 per person fee but for free, it was fine.

The hotel is conveniently located just outside of Annapolis with a shuttle to take you to and from downtown so you don't have to fight the ridiculous parking situation there. Directly across the street is a huge 'new urban' development with shopping and restaurants.

Rooms are clean, well-appointed, and very quiet. There are numerous business rooms and they were mostly rented out during our stay, as was the entire hotel on a couple of evenings. Staff was generally helpful and polite with the exception of one waitress in the restaurant who didn't like being told she had wrung up a bill wrong. To their credit, the day manager immediately came to the table, apologized for the mixup, and immediately credited the entire meal to our tablemates.

Cookies are the typical great Doubletree standard and they'll give you another each day if you ask.

As a vehement non-smoker I do not agree with the person who lodged a complaint here - there is only one small set of smoking rooms and it sounds as if they had the misfortune to get one of those. We were in numerous rooms during our stay and experienced no issues of this type.

Room Tip: Avoidrelevators and the first/second floors, which get a lot of business traffic during the day.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
AnnapolisDoubletree, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for submitting a review on the Doubletree by Hilton in Annapolis. I would first like to apologize for the prior arrival requests not being in the room on your arrival. This issue will be addressed with the staff. Additionally, the laundry service will be contacted to discuss the problem that you encountered.

We very much appreciate your business and the comments that you have shared.

Warm regards,
Tracy Richards
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Despite the fact we are in a non smoking room the smell of cigarette smoke is disgusting. I'm not sure if smoking and non smoking rooms are mixed but it really is quite foul. Apart from that the hotel is perfectly adequate, restaurant provided a lovely meal, staff friendly, easy to find and access to Annapolis was easy - but I would not stay here again due to the smell. Room 108

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for the Doubletree by Hilton in Annapolis. We appreciate your comments. It is feedback that helps us to address concerning issues that impact our guests. Your comments will be reviewed with the management and staff.

Again, thank you posting a review.

Warm regards,
Tracy Richards

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis? Share your experiences!