“Outstanding local food and wine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Maryland
“Outstanding local food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had been wanting to try out Vin 909 for quite some time and now that I have I can't believe I waited so long. This place is outstanding. We called ahead to see how busy it was and the hostess recommended we don't arrive too late if we wanted to be seated right away. We arrived around 6:30 pm and the main seating area was nearly full as was the small bar area. We opted to sit on the patio out back which I believe was a great choice. It was well heated and a bit more quiet and intimate than inside. I love the way the wine menu is organized by price point. We ordered a mid-level priced bottle and some olives and almonds to start. For the most part, everything on the menu is great for sharing. We had to ask our waitress a couple of times what some of the items were (they discourage use of smart phones for this - they like the interaction). Everything was fresh and seasonal. We shared the Tuna Tartare and a specialty pizza for our main meal. Everything, food, wine and service, was outstanding. For dessert, I just had to order the homemade butterscotch pudding. All I can say is WOW! It was delicious. My husband had a desert wine (and about half of my pudding as well). We definitely will not wait so long again to return here. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited February 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Now THIS is what I am talking about!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I have been wanting to try it out and we did this past Saturday night. We arrived around 8:30 and it was packed but we sat within 10min. Not sure if we got lucky or what but it was quick. If you want to really have fun here make sure to ask to sit where you can view the kitchen. There are only 4-5 seats but it is a lot of fun to watch them make your own food as well as view the entire experience. If you are a fan of any cooking show this is a MUST.

The wine list is nice and very fair priced as is the beer. The food I also found to be well priced. For $50 total if you want you could get wine for $28 and a pizza for $15, which is around the same price you would pay for most chains.

We enjoyed the cheese plate, shrimp and pesto pasta and a pizza. It blows my mind anyone would go to one of the chains in Annapolis or even a 'fancy' establishment when you could get it all here and save a few bucks. The ambiance and service was also top notch.

• Visited March 2013
Malaga, Spain
“Wow Wow Wow!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went because it was No1 on TA in Annapolis and we liked the reviews. It was better still. We have not had such warm, genuine service in a long time. The food is wonderful, fresh and original. Wine also good and all is reasonably priced.

This is our second visit to Annapolis, in future I think we will only eat here when we visit.

DO NOT MISS THIS, go there and eat NOW!!! you will not regret it :-)

Try the pizza margarita, mozzarella, Brussels sprouts, tuna and butterscotch. We are going back tomorrow.

• Visited March 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Off the beatin path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellence is what I can say abiuy this fine dining Restaurant. I had a nice glass of wine (modestly priced) and the wild boar panneni. Really a nice taste for the price of a regular sandwich. Overall I hope this place keeps their emphasis on great food and not so particular on best service. We have too many "best service" and not enough great food restaurants.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fun, Fab and Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love this charming local bistro with delicious and adventurous offerings, great wine list, modest prices and a fun atmosphere. The only problem is Vin 909 has now been discovered by the DC Metro crowd so it is a little harder to get in on the weekends. Nevertheless, this place has great appeal and has never disappointed!

• Visited January 2013