“Friendly little place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Columbia, Maryland
“Friendly little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We tried out this little pub in downtown Annapolis and were very pleased. The waitress was friendly and helpful. We both ended up ordering the same thing: crab soup, followed by fish tacos. The soup was full of big chunks of crab, with just the right seasoning. The fish tacos were served on flour tortillas with fresh salsa and a lot of vegetables.
The Dock Street Bar&Grill is small, so at a busy time, it might be hard to get a table.
We enjoyed our experience there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I ate a soup there that was supposed to be amazing. I think I liked it but I don't quite remember...it had been a long day! Would definitely go back and try again!

Visited January 2013
Edgewater, Maryland
“Wonderful and Welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited Dock Street for a late lunch / early dinner on a beautiful December Sunday. We settled in at the bar with a view of an NFL game my wife was eager to see that day. I was immediately struck by the warmth and welcoming attitude of the bar tenders and wait staff, we were made to feel like Dock Street's best customers even though it was our first visit. Although crowded for a football Sunday, we were treated with attentiveness and never had to wait for as much as a salt shaker. I ordered the Buffalo style wings to share with my wife, and a turkey Reuben sandwich as my main course and my wife ordered a quesadilla. The wings were served first, perfectly cooked and very tasty. The Reuben was up next, perfectly timed to arrive after the wings, and served fresh, hot, and delicious. The quesadilla was so large we had to take half home, also freshly made and very good. We enjoyed being at the bar, talking to the other guests, enjoying football, and most of all the friendly atmosphere, we will definitely be visiting Dock Street again soon and often, great fun and as a bonus the prices, especially for Annapolis, we're very reasonable. I only wish I could rate Dock Street 6 stars!!! Try it, it's a great find in downtown Annapolis.

Visited December 2013
NJ
“Great crabcakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Yes, it's a great little place for crabcakes. We were there on a Thursday night, so it was not terribly crowded and had a nice meal. Nothing terribly special, but a comfortable atmosphere and the crab cakes were really really good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, Minnesota
“Calm...amidst chaos! Good crab cakes too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This little pub is in the heart of historic Annapolis, about three blocks from the Naval Academy entrance and overlooking the boat dock. Amidst hordes of tourists on a Saturday afternoon, it looked tranquil and inviting. We ate inside...there're about four tables out front, but with all those people walking right by, we preferred a bit of privacy. TVs (muted), oldies music, wood tables...low key atmosphere, surprisingly quiet.

I had the double crab cake dinner with spinach and mashed potatoes. The crab cakes were very good, loaded with sweet lumps of crab, and quite large; one would have been plenty! I have to say they were not quite as flavorful as I'd expected after reading previous reviews. The spinach was tasty, the potatoes not so much. Husband had the boiled shrimp plate which he said was good. We would return if in the area again.

• Visited November 2013