“Beautiful Birthday Lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Baltimore, MD
“Beautiful Birthday Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My wife, daughter and I celebrated our daughter's 19th birthday by visiting Annapolis and trying this restaurant, given its good reviews and proximity to the water. We were very happy with the food and with the service. The crab dip with lightly-toasted bread was the best we ever had and the lightly-toasted bread was much better than the usual Melba toast at other restaurants. My shrimp salad was very fresh and tasty. Plus, larger shrimp were used which was appreciated. The curly fries could not be better. Even the Turkey Reuben my daughter ordered was excellent. Dock Street has a relatively short but absolutely wonderful beer list. Why have 50 different varieties of Budweiser when you can offer instead anything from a chocolate stout to a Sam Adams Seasonal? This place does it right!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Augustine, Florida
“Yvonne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had crab cakes every day of my stay, and the Dock Bar's are one of the two best that I enjoyed.

Visited June 2012
Everett, Pennsylvania
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Had breakfast here and it was amazing. I had the french toast and my husband had hash and they were both excellent. Definitely would recomment this place.

Visited June 2012
Los Angeles, Ca
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is not a restaurant that serves drinks it is a bar that serves food. Atmosphere is cozy with a friendly staff but the food is really just pub grub. Went for the crab cakes based on Trip Advisor reviews and found them average at best.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Allentown, PA
“THE Best Crab Cakes in Annapolis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

While visiting Annapolis last weekend, we were looking for a good place for lunch. For some reason, we stopped in front of this restaurant and looked at their menu. The crab cakes caught our eye, so we figured that we would give this place a try. Boy, are we glad that we did!

I ordered the Crabcake Sandwich (it comes with fries). The crab cake was HUGE and one of the best that I have ever eaten anywhere, not just in Annapolis! It had large pieces of crabmeat and very little (if any) filler. My spouse ordered the appetizer version of the crab cake as he wanted to try their Crab Chowder with Corn & Clams. Oh, my goodness! He offered me a few spoons of his soup and again, it was to die for!!!! If you are watching your calories, I must warn you that this soup's base features real cream.........but it is definitely worth the calories! The corn & clams added a wonderful flavor to the chowder and all was enhanced by a subtle taste of sherry. It was divine.

Our server was wonderful. She was the only server that we could see on the second floor of the restaurant, but she somehow managed to provide quick and efficient attention to our every need. She must have refilled our iced tea glasses at least 4 or 5 times. She never let them get below half-filled.......that is how attentive she was to our table.

Trust me...if you have a chance to visit this beautiful city, you need to give this restaurant a try. You won't regret it!

• Visited June 2012