“"Great atmosphere"” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 307 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Annapolis
“"Great atmosphere"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went for Valentines Day our first time at the Chop House - At first impression when my husband dropped me off a the front door, we were looking for the valet, we saw no one - then he noticed the blue tent to the left that took care of valet for all restaurants in the complex (only a couple of dollars but I thought they would have their own). Upon entering on the bottom floor, again no one to direct you - walked up a lengthly flight of stairs (in heels) to only realize they had an elevator. When I gave the lady at the front desk our last name, she found the reservation and when she asked the guy to take us to our table, she awkardly said please take Mr & ummm - my husband quickly jumped in and said Mr. & Mrs. and she laughed and said that she thought I was his girlfriend and then my husband flashed his wedding ring saying he had the ring to prove it. It was very uncomfortable and not once did she apoligize for assuming this. Now granted my husband is 12 years older than me, but that was very rude on her part. We were then take to a booth (table 22) which faced the kitchen doors. Now when we made the reservation, we were told that it was completely booked and that the only time that was available was 5pm and we understood that, I guess someone has to sit at that table. Just think that it could be blocked off somehow to avoid the view of swinging doors and noise. Now the restaurant as we found out was NOT full and we ran into friends that had made a reservation that afternoon and got a better table than us. (just saying) No white tableclothes here, hence our table did not get cleaned up as we went to the next course. I have been to many other upper scale steak restaurants and these are the things that they do better than the Chop House and they need to look at it.
The rest of the dinner was fine - My husband ordered the Kobe steak (which for the pricey thing on the menu - expected a hugh piece) but he said it was good. I ordered the filet and went by the waiters advice and the picture on the tablet and ordered med-well because he said that their med-well was still very pink inside. It was overcooked for my taste but still very tender - our waiter was great - the food was delicious - It is pricey - The hostess did put a bad taste in our mouths (so to speak) - we would go back but probably for the happy hour - I have read good things about it without the high end price or expectation.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Steak House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I brought a group of 7 for a family dinner on a Saturday night. The atmosphere is nice and not too noisy. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the items on the menu and the wine list. We had the lamb chops and scallops for appetizers. Both were excellent. Dinner was a variety- from the Kobe beef burger, dry aged Sirloin, Porterhouse, And Venison. All prepared to perfection, just the temperature we ordered. Very satisfied with the menu, service and food. I highly recommend it.

Cambridge, Maryland
“Great food and excellence service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I had dinner on 2-14-13. I called about a month ago and talked to Eric and the female dinning room manager (forgot name). I advised them both that I was going to do a proposal. They made sure I had a private booth which was wonderful and private. We ordered the seafood platter for starters. After I proposed within minutes the staff brought us complimentary champagne. We ordered the cowboy steak and filet. The food was great. We ordered sides which could feed 2-3 people. Would love to have dinner there again. Great food and great service. It was a little pricy but worth every penny. Thank you again for making the night perfect for a special night.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Chop House Annapolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great food, service and staff. It was well worth the money; although expensive. The seafood was surprisingly good for a steak restaurant. Side orders serve two.

Visited December 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good for corporate dining....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The ambience is upscale. Very cozy seating if you book the private booths in advance. I found the steaks and sides only average, and I found the prices quite steep.

Visited March 2012