“The Service was better than the food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“The Service was better than the food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm not a "Chain" guy, but the restaurant that I booked for my mother's wedding failed me. I went into this place with a little bit of a "Oh gosh" attitude, but the staff and especially out waitress sent me out of there with a smile. I tell you, hats off to the management staff for training their people... As for the food... Well, par for the course, I went with my staple, ribeye and potatoes.. They do give you a "fat boy" portion of sides, which is always awesome. If they took just a little more time with that steak, this review would be geared slightly more towards the food, but again that staff was 5 star!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Davidsonville, Maryland
“Plainly consistent overpriced fare.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This was not a bad food establishment. It was Ok. On the bright side. The service was good and the atmosphere was great...lots of buzz. But if you are going expecting new and interesting fare....sorry. The predictable food is served in large portions enough for two or three. And the cheesecake desserts are really wonderful. However for the price, you can head to downtown Annapolis and have a truly wonderful meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Everywhere
“Sunday dinner, just about every week....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I love the Cheesecake Factory! We have been to numerous locations across the US. The Annapolis location is close to our home and we have Sunday dinner there at least 3 times per month. Love the variety of foods and the service can't be beat. The portion sizes are huge! Although we Iove cheesecake, the dessert, we usually skip it because we are so full. I usually come late evening around 7:30 pm so that we won't have to wait, otherwise expect a wait time from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the time of day.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Simply... wow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Okay... when I first heard of Cheesecake Factory, I will admit: the first image I got was a small to medium sized shop that dealt only with cheesecake, a plus since I am a fan! I was NOT expecting a full blown restaurant! My husband decided to take me for our anniversary and I was amazed from beginning to end! When I realized what type of place it really was, the 30 minute wait was no problem; I've waited longer at other restaurants. It was also no problem because the mall is right next door! I really liked the decor of the whole place although it seemed a bit cramped as far as seating. Our server was polite, prompt and full of knowledge; we told her that it was our first time there and she gave us a lot of suggestions. They offer NUMEROUS delicious-sounding appetizers and entrees (and I really liked the non-traditional menu style)! Eventually, instead of getting the usual: appetizer, entree, dessert; we ended up ordering from the Small Plates and Snacks area. .... Words cannot explain how delicious the food was! I ordered the stuffed mushrooms and the sauce? I loved that wine sauce so much, I had to sop it up with the bread! And then the desserts... for those who've never been, let's put it this way: ANYTHING that you can think of putting in a cheesecake... they've done it! I'm an Oreo fanatic so of course, I selected the Dream cheesecake. This thing wasn't a cheesecake... it was a cheesecake cake! We would DEFINITELY go back and that is saying a lot since we live a little over an hour away! It receives only 4 stars because our area was slightly dirty; they were quick to apologize and clean up, though...

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Consistency is the Key.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

You know a good chain restaurant is working when it is consistent, or I should say consistently good across the board at all of its locations. Now I haven't been to all of the Cheesecake Factory's locations but I've been to a few and this one was just as good as all the rest. There was just a few qualms I had. First, I decided to break away from my typical order here and get a burrito. It was massive, literally the size of a small child, but what I didn't like was that it was mostly stuffed with rice and the side plate they provided with the beans, sour cream and guacamole was so hot I couldn't touch it. Because of this it had caused the guacamole to discolor and start to turn brown, almost cooking it, and make the sour cream runny. My friend and I both ordered mojitos and hers (passion fruit) included mint, while mine (pineapple) didn't. I wouldn't even call mine a mojito, it was more like a Malibu Pineapple. On top of that they're drink prices are outrageous! $10.50 for a drink is highway robbery! Our service was ok, but she seemed to have a little bit of attitude. Other than that I would still go to this Cheesecake Factory again just because I love the restaurant so much!

• Visited October 2012