“One of my favorites” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 275 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Chinese
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Love this place! Come here about once a month. Good food, must have Mai tai's, super friendly people. Now have my office ordering for delivery. Must visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Annapolis, Maryland
“Good Chinese for the Area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It's hard to find decent chinese food around here and I was skeptical when I pulled up to what looked to be a former IHop. The place was dated but the food came out fast and was very good.

Visited October 2013
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“Best Chinese Food in Annapolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the best american chinese food in Annapolis. There is actual real chicken in the General Tso's and the mai thai is delicious. It is a few dollars more than cheaper take-out places but totally worth it. Excellent service, and the owners are very nice. We have been going here for years, and would highly recommend.
Closed on Sundays.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Little bit of Chinese takeout heaven!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We've lived in the area for five years but never stopped in. We've tried all the other Chinese restaurants around here and nothing compares!
Yes, the decor could be updated a little and maybe a fresh coat of paint on their building but then again, we aren't eating off the roof anyway.
Usually order General Tso's shrimp, Shanghai noodles and egg rolls. Have tried the special wonton soup and if ordering a chicken dish, normally ask for all white meat.
The owners are always friendly and the food is cooked quickly and tastes great. We are just happy we've finally found a great place for Chinese food!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
annapolis, md
“5 stars....really?????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I miss good Chinese, so I was intrigued that this strange looking A frame building I have passed by for 7 years, got this rave of reviews. I'm not sure what most people's definition of "great Chinese" is but it is probably different than mine. If you are a go to General Tso's Chicken kind of folk, than this place would probably be very agreeable to your palate.

I tend to stay away with breaded mystery meat covered in gooey sweet sauce, and go for stir fried entrees. Kung Pao is actually a more authentic asian dish, so I opted for that, and the beef and broccoli. Well the Kung Pao shrimp, was severely disappointing. There are many stir fries that contain a variety of vegetables but this is not one of them. Components of this dish are protein, peanuts, hot peppers, and sauce.

Shanghai's version was loaded with celery, carrots, and some other veggie. Completely wrong and NOT spicy as it should have been. I would rather get a smaller portion than one that is doctored with ingredients just so it provides bulk to the meal. The added ingredients did absolutely nothing to enhance the dish. It only diluted any real flavors that may or may not have existed to begin with.

The beef and broccoli was just ok. The sauce could have been oh so much better. It was just bland and ordinary. Ho hum...I guess I'm back to dreaming about good Chinese fare.

Visited June 2011