“Great beer, burgers and garlic fries!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Maryland
“Great beer, burgers and garlic fries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We come here pretty often. Any of the beers are great. I usually get the farmhouse burger...amazing! We've tried other items on the menu but weren't as good as the burgers. Great atmosphere and full bar.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bowie, Maryland
“Not Just For Beer Lovers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Since they specialize in beer and I'm not a beer drinker, I had never thought about trying out this restaurant, but a friend wanted to go there for lunch recently so I agreed to go. So glad I did! The first thing that appealed to me was the aroma when we walked through the door. It made me look forward to seeing what was on the menu. The menu had several tasty sounding selections, and I settled on the Creole Chicken. It was delicious! I also had a glass of Riesling which was very nice. The atmosphere of the restaurant is pleasant and comfortable. The server was friendly and attentive. I really enjoyed the whole experience and look forward to going again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Fat & Happy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having been to GB all over the US, I like this one a bunch.
This was our second trip to this NEW GB.

Staff: Friendly, attentive and helpful
Food: Fantastic - BBQ Chicken Pizza & Chicken/Gorgonzola Salad
Apps: 4 Mini-Fish Tacos (3 bites each - yummy)
Dessert: A must try (pumpkin pie cheesecake)
Beers: Too good - Hefe (her) & WinterBock (me)
Parking: Lot & structure
Shopping & other bars/restaurants: Nearby
Downtown: Short drive to downtown Annapolis

Would recommend: Yes
Would go back to: Plan on it!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“They just can't get it right”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went here at lunch with 5 other people. Wasn't crowded, wasn't busy.
Ordered a black-and-blue burger, well-done, with sweet potato fries. The burger came rare and the "blue cheese" was present in name only. There was virtually nothing on top of the burger, and what was there was only marginally related to blue cheese.
OK, so they made a mistake, right?
Sent it back and it returned as a medium-rare burger and as much blue cheese than a pig has feathers.
Gave up, since lunch hour was virtually over.
Paying big dollar for this diner dinner was unsatisfying. Went back to work and had a peanut butter sandwich.
Stay away from the hype and poor food!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Burgers and Beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We took a break from shopping to have lunch. There was a pretty good-sized crowd on a late Friday afternoon, which seemed like a good sign. We were seated quickly and our server was at our table almost immediately. Since this is a brewery and restaurant, we wanted to try the beer. Our server was very knowledgable about the varieties of beer. I had the Golden Export and my husband had the Märzen. Both were very good. Although the menu had a nice variety of entrées, we both went with soup (lobster bisque and chicken tortilla) and burgers (California cheeseburger and GB cheeseburger). Everything was well prepared and delicious. My side of Asian slaw was light and crisp. The homemade potato chips that my husband ordered were excellent. The portions were big enough to be two meals. While everything was great, it was a tiny bit pricey for lunch (a little over $40), but we were playing tourist that day so we expected to pay a bit more than we normally would. We would most certainly go back. It would be nice to try different entrées, but it will be hard to pass up those burgers!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere