“Wonderful experience all around.” 5 of 5 stars

85 East Street, Annapolis, MD 21401   |
Ranked #1 of 30 Annapolis B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful experience all around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My family recently organized a surprise 60th birthday party and we all stayed at Chez Amis. Ellie helped us pull off the surprise which took place in the common living area. She was instrumental in making the whole weekend perfect. Every little detail was wonderful. We all felt at home and gathered in the common areas, making use of the kitchen, and felt totally pampered. The rooms were spotless and everything we needed. The location was perfect for walking everywhere. We will be back and we are so grateful to Ellie for helping make the weekend so special for our family event.

• Stayed March 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our stay at Chez Amis was great! Ellie, the innkeeper, was super friendly and helpful when it came to picking out things to do and places to eat in and around Annapolis. The best part were the little touches that you don't always see: a stocked fridge with waters and sodas we could access throughout the day, brownies for a snack and chocolates on our bed at night. The inn was very clean and comfortable. It's also nice that the B&B is in walking distance to everything in Annapolis. The parking garage is only a few minutes away and it was really no problem to park there. Ellie gave us vouchers every day so we got half off. Breakfast every morning was also delicious. It usually started with a baked bread or muffin, a fruit cup and a main course. Everything was really good and it was nice to sit with the other vacationers to chat and hear where they were from. Everyone was super-friendly.

I couldn't recommend Chez Amis enough. We would definitely stay there again. My fiance and I have stayed at B&B's throughout the East Coast and this is definitely at the top of our list for comfort, cleanliness, friendliness of the inn keepers and an overall enjoyable experience.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Perfect place for our one night stay in Annapolis. Great location. Friendly and welcoming hosts - very helpful in choosing restaurants, finding parking spaces, sight-seeing suggestions, etc. Accommodations clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast. Chocolates on the pillow when we returned to our room at night were delicious!
Would definitely stay here again.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We decided to spend a couples weekend in Annapolis, and decided to choose a B&B to maximize our experience. I have stayed in a number of B&Bs in the past and can honestly describe Chez Amis as the best of the best. The owner/operator's Joe and Elly were gracious, informative, and wonderful company! The Chez Amis could not be more conveniently located; a mere five minute walk away from the Naval Academy and the Marketplace at the docks. Elly served us a fantastic breakfast consisting of freshly-baked muffins, pear-stuffed french toast, and delicious turkey sausages. I would never think of staying anywhere else in our next trip to Annapolis, and I promise you will not find a better lodging anywhere in the city. Many thanks again to Joe and Elly!

1 Thank James L
Branchburg, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were looking for a relaxing mini vacation and found this wonderful B&B. Walking distance to everything in Annapolis, this charming, distinctive lodging was perfect. My husband and I love B&B's and I can actually say that this was a "first" for us in terms of all around comfort. The couple who own it could not be more accomodating or interested in making sure you enjoy your stay. The common area, as well as the rooms were immaculate and the attention to detail including afternoon homemade snacks, access to water, ice tea and soda and a DVD library were thoughtful and appreciated bonuses. We had my son and his girlfriend come down and join us for a night during our 3 night stay and they loved it as well. A hearty breakfast, comfortable, immaculate rooms, charming owners - look no further, you have found the perfect place to rest and rejuvenate in Annapolis!

Room Tip: No matter what room you choose, you will have found a home away from home
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My bf took me here for our anniversary and it was our first time at a bed and breakfast. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I had an absolutely wonderful time! The entire space and our room was so clean and beautiful. We stayed in the State House Room, which was perfect - located upstairs at the end of the hall. I know there have been a few other reviews which complained of hearing noise of outside foot traffic, later at night. I don't know if we were lucky or if it's because our room was farther away, but we didn't notice anything. This might be unavoidable, though, because of the prime location of this b&b, being in the heart of Annapolis, just a few blocks away from the downtown area. When we arrived in our room, there was a super cute small vase with decorative hearts and a "Happy Anniversary" note in it - so cute and thoughtful. The bathroom had a shower cap, shampoo, conditioner, makeup remover, a blow dryer, towels, body wash, etc. Everything I needed! Elly, the innkeeper/owner, was so sweet and helpful and friendly. The breakfast was completely amazing - fresh coffee, juice, and a fruitcup, with an amazing stuffed french toast dish - I thought I died and had gone to heaven. We came and went, at our own desire, and never had any issues with Elly or any of the other guests. Elly's dog, Maggie is also there, who is so super friendly and adorable. (Don't worry, Maggie is out of the room during breakfast so you can enjoy your morning and breakfast in peace - even though I wished she was there!) Because of the location, parking is not SUPER easy, but there are two close by parking garages to choose from - 1 free and 1 not free - they are a couple blocks away walking distance. Overall I had a very lovely time - I wish I was able to stay longer. It was very cozy and comfortable and clean, with a great atmosphere. I hear the law library is the best room to stay in, but after peeking at the other rooms, I'm glad we stayed in ours - it seemed to have been the biggest. I had the best time and can't wait to return.

Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I had an exceptionally comfortable and lovely stay at the Chez Amis...of the numerous B&Bs we have stayed at this one is on our list of 'top favorites.' We were not only impressed with the B&Bs ideal location--views of the capitol dome from our room, the docks and the city's best restaurants within an easy two block's walk--but the elegance and charm created by Joe and Elly. True comfort, quiet location, and delightful breakfast and available complementary refreshments. A definite "yes" for our next trip to Annapolis and a recommendation to our friends.