“Quaint” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 31 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, Spain
“Quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The inn is very sweet and inviting. It is small, full of character, and perfectly located. The inn is three floors, one faces the state house (which is bright and beautiful at night) and the other side looks down on main street. There are many roads located nearby that are easy to walk down and be in the center of town, or directly onto main street. The inn only has a few rooms but they are great. The one we stayed in was very large and beautiful. The Jacuzzi was definitely worthwhile and the bed was also incredibly comfortable. The Queen Mary Room, where we were located, facing Main Street, was perfect. As a couple we enjoyed every minute of the town and the room... in addition, management took great care of us. Any potential issue we presented was countered with an optimistic view and a well thought out response. We will definitely return because of how we were treated, the comfort of the inn, and the location downtown.

Room Tip: The Queen Mary Room is right above Main Street. It is a fantastic room, and the jazz music chosen fr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the State House Inn. We checked in late; however, our rooms were prepared and ready prior to our arrival. The Inn was conveniently located- a quick walk around the corner and we found ourselves on Main Street. I really enjoyed the fact that it is a small Inn (only 7 rooms). We had a beautiful view of the State House out of one window and a view of Main Street out of the other! I would definitely recommend this Inn to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place was fantastic! Ever since i checked in the service was exactly how you want to be treated. Employees are very friendly and accomodating. The Rooms were spacious and very clean. Also, You cant beat the location. Walking distance to everything you wanna see in downtown Annapolis. All around very well run hotel. I had a great stay! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Cape Charles, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The State House Inn is, as others have stated, located in a prime spot for walking and visiting the sights, restaurants and shops. We stayed in the Chesapeake room and though it was large and adequate it was hardly memorable. The sunrise view was impressive. But, the room needs TLC. I opened the right hand desk drawer looking for a pen and found that the drawer is coming apart. The center of the bathroom faucet came off in my hand, We had to figure out how to drape the curtains so that they did not cover the heating unit after dark. The bathroom in this room is nothing like the ones described by reviewers who stayed in one of the suites. I am glad that we stayed during the off-season and paid a greatly reduced rate. I would not have been happy at all if we had paid a rate in the mid-$200's. One plus is the coffee provided. It is far and above what one is usually provided. The staff should look closely at the baseboard around the coffee maker table though. It looked as if other visitors had some trouble as I did with overflow and drips.

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs be sure to take a room on the second floor. This is an old house a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
statehouseinn, Manager at State House Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I would encourage any guest that comes across these issues to please tell the hotel staff directly to address them so they we can be are aware of the issues.If the furniture broke while you were using it, it really would be helpful to tell the property manager so that we can address them in a timely manner and fix it. Overall the issues you addressed are fixable. Our location is incredible, and I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our great rates! I can assure you and any future guests, that if you let me know of ANY issues DURING your stay, that gives me the opportunity to fix it and make it right, and THAT is what is helpful to the property and to future guests. I myself love to travel, and I know the importance of the "perfect" stay. As the Manager it is my intent to make sure our guests not only LOVE our awesome location, but that they have a "perfect" stay! I recently stayed on property for our last snowstorm, I stayed in the Queen Mary and it was incredible, I had a great view of Main street, I had a comfy "working" chair and place to use my laptop, and I got to enjoy the BRAND NEW 32 inch FLAT SCREEN TV"s that are in every room! We ARE givng the INN the TLC, and I will be sure to fix those drapes in the Chesapeake and the night stand in that room. Thank you for the feedback, and please dont hesitate to call us direclty!! As you can see we have had nothing but 5 star reviews since the begining of January, and this only helps us to keep up the good work! Thank you again for your feedback!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had a wonderful time while at the State House Inn! The rooms are amazing and the views from the rooms are absolutely memorable. Also, each room is full of beautiful antique furniture that gives you a feeling of going back in time. I stayed from Feb. 23 thru Feb. 25th for business. The first few nights I stayed in the Peggy Stewart room and it was cozy, they had a nice television in there, they had plenty of space for me to put my things. Since I was there on business, I was happy to find use in a very nice desk in the Peggy Stewart with a beautiful view of the State House where I was able to comfortably do my work. The staff was very hospitable and was quick to service any of my needs. I had room service that was delivered on a bed tray in a wonderful presentation. The last night I was able to upgrade my room to the Queen Mary Suite and let me tell you I have never stayed in a more comfortable room. It was spacious, had a great view of main street, and it had a large jacuzzi bath tub. There was plenty of hot water for a nice relaxing bubble bath by candle light. The bathroom also had a heat lamp fan which I used in the morning while I was getting ready for my reluctant check out (The Peggy Stewart room had the heat lamp as well!). I wanted to also mention that both of the beds I slept in (queen then King) where beautiful antique beds that where more comfortable than the one I have at my own home!! I plan on returning to this hotel in the future for a romantic weekend because it couldn't be more perfect for that! I am absolutely going to recommend The State House Inn to my friends and family.

Room Tip: The smaller rooms have a beautiful view of the State House and the larger rooms have a view of Main...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CALIF.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I enjoyed the State House Inn. It was within walking distance of All very good restaurants and all historic sights to see. You are so close to the water. Beautiful views of the Harbor from the Inn. This is a small hotel with very large rooms in an Historic Home. There is no Breakfast, but there is room service from their restaurant " Piccoli " I had lunch there , it is charming and the Italian pasta was very good. This is the perfect quiet place to stay in an Historic town like Annapolis.I enjoyed the privacy. You can walk everywhere. A real treat. I felt very safe here and loved the freedom of walking thru the charming side streets, shopping and enjoying the water and boats. So much to do in Annapolis.And so nice to walk everywhere. I enjoyed McGarvey's, best oysters and clams around. I hope to return to this Inn.

Room Tip: Sunny private rooms. Very large and spacious room for an Historic Home. Right across from the State...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Wonderful time in Annapolis at The State House Inn. We were greeted by the Charming new Manager. She showed us to our room, we were given our keys and lots of information on the sights to see in the town. This Inn has a Warm and Homey atmosphere. The rooms are large and sunny . We stayed in one of the largest with a jacuzzi. We loved it because it was Sunny and warm with lots of room. Everything was very clean and neat. The views are so good. The location cannot be beat. We walked everywhere. To Good restaurants with great seafood, and down to Ego Alley to watch the boats. You can even take a water taxi to Eastport for the boating experience or sail on the Woodwind. We felt it was a Home away from Home. We will return to this lovely Inn.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms with large jacuzzi, sunny side. All have wonderful views. Lots of sun and Very lar...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple