“Annapolis Outing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 31 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Maryland
“Annapolis Outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the State House Inn. We checked in late; however, our rooms were prepared and ready prior to our arrival. The Inn was conveniently located- a quick walk around the corner and we found ourselves on Main Street. I really enjoyed the fact that it is a small Inn (only 7 rooms). We had a beautiful view of the State House out of one window and a view of Main Street out of the other! I would definitely recommend this Inn to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This place was fantastic! Ever since i checked in the service was exactly how you want to be treated. Employees are very friendly and accomodating. The Rooms were spacious and very clean. Also, You cant beat the location. Walking distance to everything you wanna see in downtown Annapolis. All around very well run hotel. I had a great stay! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Cape Charles, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The State House Inn is, as others have stated, located in a prime spot for walking and visiting the sights, restaurants and shops. We stayed in the Chesapeake room and though it was large and adequate it was hardly memorable. The sunrise view was impressive. But, the room needs TLC. I opened the right hand desk drawer looking for a pen and found that the drawer is coming apart. The center of the bathroom faucet came off in my hand, We had to figure out how to drape the curtains so that they did not cover the heating unit after dark. The bathroom in this room is nothing like the ones described by reviewers who stayed in one of the suites. I am glad that we stayed during the off-season and paid a greatly reduced rate. I would not have been happy at all if we had paid a rate in the mid-$200's. One plus is the coffee provided. It is far and above what one is usually provided. The staff should look closely at the baseboard around the coffee maker table though. It looked as if other visitors had some trouble as I did with overflow and drips.

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs be sure to take a room on the second floor. This is an old house a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
statehouseinn, Manager at State House Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I would encourage any guest that comes across these issues to please tell the hotel staff directly to address them so they we can be are aware of the issues.If the furniture broke while you were using it, it really would be helpful to tell the property manager so that we can address them in a timely manner and fix it. Overall the issues you addressed are fixable. Our location is incredible, and I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our great rates! I can assure you and any future guests, that if you let me know of ANY issues DURING your stay, that gives me the opportunity to fix it and make it right, and THAT is what is helpful to the property and to future guests. I myself love to travel, and I know the importance of the "perfect" stay. As the Manager it is my intent to make sure our guests not only LOVE our awesome location, but that they have a "perfect" stay! I recently stayed on property for our last snowstorm, I stayed in the Queen Mary and it was incredible, I had a great view of Main street, I had a comfy "working" chair and place to use my laptop, and I got to enjoy the BRAND NEW 32 inch FLAT SCREEN TV"s that are in every room! We ARE givng the INN the TLC, and I will be sure to fix those drapes in the Chesapeake and the night stand in that room. Thank you for the feedback, and please dont hesitate to call us direclty!! As you can see we have had nothing but 5 star reviews since the begining of January, and this only helps us to keep up the good work! Thank you again for your feedback!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had a wonderful time while at the State House Inn! The rooms are amazing and the views from the rooms are absolutely memorable. Also, each room is full of beautiful antique furniture that gives you a feeling of going back in time. I stayed from Feb. 23 thru Feb. 25th for business. The first few nights I stayed in the Peggy Stewart room and it was cozy, they had a nice television in there, they had plenty of space for me to put my things. Since I was there on business, I was happy to find use in a very nice desk in the Peggy Stewart with a beautiful view of the State House where I was able to comfortably do my work. The staff was very hospitable and was quick to service any of my needs. I had room service that was delivered on a bed tray in a wonderful presentation. The last night I was able to upgrade my room to the Queen Mary Suite and let me tell you I have never stayed in a more comfortable room. It was spacious, had a great view of main street, and it had a large jacuzzi bath tub. There was plenty of hot water for a nice relaxing bubble bath by candle light. The bathroom also had a heat lamp fan which I used in the morning while I was getting ready for my reluctant check out (The Peggy Stewart room had the heat lamp as well!). I wanted to also mention that both of the beds I slept in (queen then King) where beautiful antique beds that where more comfortable than the one I have at my own home!! I plan on returning to this hotel in the future for a romantic weekend because it couldn't be more perfect for that! I am absolutely going to recommend The State House Inn to my friends and family.

Room Tip: The smaller rooms have a beautiful view of the State House and the larger rooms have a view of Main...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CALIF.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I enjoyed the State House Inn. It was within walking distance of All very good restaurants and all historic sights to see. You are so close to the water. Beautiful views of the Harbor from the Inn. This is a small hotel with very large rooms in an Historic Home. There is no Breakfast, but there is room service from their restaurant " Piccoli " I had lunch there , it is charming and the Italian pasta was very good. This is the perfect quiet place to stay in an Historic town like Annapolis.I enjoyed the privacy. You can walk everywhere. A real treat. I felt very safe here and loved the freedom of walking thru the charming side streets, shopping and enjoying the water and boats. So much to do in Annapolis.And so nice to walk everywhere. I enjoyed McGarvey's, best oysters and clams around. I hope to return to this Inn.

Room Tip: Sunny private rooms. Very large and spacious room for an Historic Home. Right across from the State...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Wonderful time in Annapolis at The State House Inn. We were greeted by the Charming new Manager. She showed us to our room, we were given our keys and lots of information on the sights to see in the town. This Inn has a Warm and Homey atmosphere. The rooms are large and sunny . We stayed in one of the largest with a jacuzzi. We loved it because it was Sunny and warm with lots of room. Everything was very clean and neat. The views are so good. The location cannot be beat. We walked everywhere. To Good restaurants with great seafood, and down to Ego Alley to watch the boats. You can even take a water taxi to Eastport for the boating experience or sail on the Woodwind. We felt it was a Home away from Home. We will return to this lovely Inn.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms with large jacuzzi, sunny side. All have wonderful views. Lots of sun and Very lar...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were checking in and immediately were told there was a mix up apparently. First he couldn't find our reservation then when he did find it they were overbooked. He does give us a room anyway which did have a nice view but the carpet was badly stained and the broken armoire looked as if the doors would fall off and injure someone. The bathroom and jacuzzi tub situation in a word were old and very un-inviting. We noticed all the other rooms doors were open and eventually did see another couple there. We went to dinner, etc and when we returned there was a basket right outside the front door filled with envelopes and what clearly were keys inside. It was quite late and didn't leave a secure feeling with me as I walked by. The next morning we woke and left fairly early to eat breakfast and all the envelopes were still in the basket with no sign of the other couple, their door wide open aka gone. The place was empty and very creepy. I will say this even though we were on the third floor the late night partier noise echoing from the street was very disturbing. We had to wait hours to speak to someone which turned out to be a really young kid/ teenager. As far as bed n breakfasts go (not), this place is sad and pathetic!

• Stayed May 2013
statehouseinn, Manager at State House Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Your review states you stayed here in May of LAST YEAR almost a YEAR AGO! I'm not sure why “all off a sudden” you are writing this review now? If you look at a CURRENT guest review, you will see a proper reflection on a guest stay, all positive 5 star reviews! We are under new management, we've updated the furnishing, fixed the carpets and have 24hour management service. I am the new manager and our current guests are beyond happy with the new changes. If one reads the current reviews, from current stays you will see these reviews reflect the current appreciation of our property and experience, 5 star reviews! All these great changes are recent! In the past, the doors to guest rooms were open so that people can “view” different rooms and it makes the house more open and inviting. It troubles me that you would write this review almost a YEAR later with information that is not relevant. Tripadvisor is a great place to share ones experience, however it needs to be an honest and current assessment of the property. Readers take note that the reviews that STAYED here recently, you will be able to judge for yourself if this review is “inline” with the current experiences!

Been to State House Inn? Share your experiences!