“Two Good Nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   74 Old Mill Bottom Road North, Hwy 50 Exit 28, Annapolis, MD 21409 (Formerly Super 8 Annapolis)   |
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Two Good Nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was a spur-of-the-moment reservation because I'd cancelled one in Baltimore. It is very quiet here and the room is spacious. Everything is clean and tidy and well-equipped with table and chairs and adequate sockets for our electronic stuff. The bed is very comfortable and good, clean sheets. The desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. We had a king bed room. The breakfast is a little sparse but at least there's non-sweetened cereal and coffee. We are only a 6-mile drive from Annapolis so we spent a whole day there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I reserved a night at the Super 8 in Annapolis, MD through Hotels.com on May 17. Due to a number of events going on in Annapolis this past weekend, the Super 8 was one of the only rooms left in town. The night before my stay on May 19, my credit card number was stolen and my bank ended up cancelling my card and reissuing one with a new number. On the day of my reservation, I called Super 8 earlier in the day to confirm that I would have a late arrival, around approximately 1-2am. They confirmed, mentioned that the hotel was now sold out, and did not mention any problems with the credit card. When I arrived at Super 8 around 1:30am, I was informed that my credit card had been denied, so my room had been given away. I was never informed or allowed to give an alternative credit card number. The reservation was simply cancelled. At 2am, I had no hotel room to go to in Annapolis. My only option was to begin driving home and hope to stay awake on the road.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Not sure what others expect for the price, about $64. We got there pretty late but the fellow at the desk was very nice and got us to our room quickly. The room was clean, the shower was good and hot and the bed was comfortable although the pillows were a bit lumpy (We had one good pillow and I lost the rock, paper scissors!). Enough towels and a hair dryer in the bath. English muffins and cereal with some danish and coffee for breakfast. Tea and coffee in the room. While we were there it was quiet. The wifi was very good, my wife and I both surfed with no difficulty. All in all a great, cheap place for a night or two. Its about 10-15 minutes to downtown Annapolis. Better than some places twice the price. By the way, yes the toilet is kind of commercial but it works fine, what do you need?

Room Tip: We were on the first floor near the office, it isn't a "basement" it's just lower...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Eagan, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

As all hotels are of this class it is spartan accomodations but very servicable. The rooms are clean, large and comfortable. I have stayed here on two occasions and always felt I got my money's worth.

The drawbacks:
No refrig or microwave which you would usually find at a Super 8.
Limited desk space.
Minimal "breakfast" offerings in the rather small lobby.
Very out of the way and a little hard to find. It is tucked back behind another hotel. A microtel I believe.
One poorly placed elec. outlet in Bathroom.
I felt a little pricey at $74 but certainly at the market.

Pluses:
Good internet (3.0Mbps!!!!!!!!!) Rare for this class
Comfortable beds
Hair dryer.
Old TV but good basic channel selection
Copious amount of towels-Quality is better than expected

For a one or two night stay this place is just fine. I wouldn't stay here for a week, due primarily to lack of Frig/Micro

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Hotel is horrible. Front desk clerk is rude and ignorant. Was told we were on second floor and it was in the basement which was labled 2nd floor. Room was old and not updated at all. Room smelled dank. Commode was a commercial unit made for a commercial rest room. Could not get my money back and never stayed in the room for more than the minute it took us to look around. Hotel breakfast area is miniscule. One table two seats and in the main office/closet. Ice is in a separate closet outside the office with the night window in it. Seemed like the kind of hotel folks rent for and use for an hour at a time. Not for folks looking for a getaway and definitely not for family people.
Stay at your own risk!! You could not pay me to stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New Haven, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

We stayed here numerous times from January through April 2010 after purchasing a boat in the area and getting the boat ready to bring north. Have never spent so little on accommodations. The rooms were immaculately clean, the staff very courteous and helpful, the continental breakfast fine (with special Swedish pastries). Who needs extravagant digs when there are great places like this that remind me of the good old days when clean rooms could be had for a song. Love this place. Wish we could go back. It's near some great restaurants, too, like Cantler's Riverside Inn, Red, Hot and Blue, and Deep Creek Restaurant and Marina. Great liquor and snack shop next door, too. Near the Naval Academy east campus.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We arrived here on a very wet evening and it was late. The man in the office booked us in with no problems at all. The area was fairly quiet. It was good value for money but the place is tired out and needs a makeover and modernising. We only stayed the one night. We made use of the free breakfast in the office area and took that book to our room to eat, there being nowhere as such to eat it in the small office, but that wasn't a problem. The guys were pleasant and the free wi-fi worked a treat.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!