“Pricey, But Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 31 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Center Moriches
“Pricey, But Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The house is decorated Victorian style with a lot going on. Some beautiful artwork. John was very nice and let us check in early. We stayed in the Starboard Sanctity room which has a great king bed but not much room with all the furniture. We enjoyed the stay and breakfast was lovely. Room was chilly but we did not say anything. Room is in front of house and you could hear morning traffic but we are not late sleepers so it was fine. Loved hearing the birds in the morning...I can imagine the grounds are fun in warmer weather. We had a living social deal but still felt it was a high price after all was said and done. Maybe that's just Annapolis.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I just love this place! It has or is becoming my birthday celebration tradition that I spend my birthday (the actual day) in Annapolis. Dinner down on Dock Street and my stay at the Annapolitan B&B. This year I had the Beacon room and it was incredible! However, I did miss the fact that they did not serve the Peppered Bacon that I had become accustomed to and so looked forward to! I was disappointed about that... and the substitute was not a good alternative - so my hope is that next year the Peppered Bacon will be back on the menu.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room, but if you have a young child or two with you the Beacon is th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed at this B&B Dec 16 and 17, while visiting our daughter, son-in-law, grandkids and dog (you get the picture why we wanted our own space, haha). We were greeted by John, the owner, who was extremely hospitable and even upgraded us to a king sized bed, no extra charge. Lovely room with lots of windows and even a small frig. Location is excellent and we were able to walk into downtown Annapolis and shop. Excellent cafe for lunch called Paul's a couple of blocks away, delightful. BTW, John cooked breakfast for us the 2 mornings we were there (as he gave his cook off for Christmas shopping) and no additional charge. The breakfast was excellent and fresh.
It has a wonderful porch in warmer weather.
John was a delight to talk with and this will definitely be our go to B&B for future trips. Thanks, John.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Caution , don't stay with John that owns several apartments in downtown and the Annapolitan and Annapolis Bed and Breakfast. He met us to check in, told us to park where he had parked and gave us a hang tag for the days we were there to cover parking. We awoke to our car gone, towed, he never helped , offered us a ride to get it or took responsiblity since he told us where to park!! We walked 5 miles to get car, then awoke saturday to our car broken into , door damaged and glass shattered! All he said was these things never happen to them!! We have been out $600.00 already and have to call our ins for car when we get home. We salvaged our weekend and had some time with our mid, but I'm not a HAPPY MOM!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The problem with this place isn't the inn, it's the owner John Holt. Beware. John appears amicable enough, but on checkout we found he had added an extra night we had not agreed to, and added an additional $15/nt over our agreed price. Having pointed out the overage, he made no attempt whatever to mitigate, instead proffering what a "good deal" we got. John owns and runs not only the Annapolitan, but also Academy B&B on St George St. You may find it curious that he seems to have availability at both of his properties despite the busiest weekends of the year, Columbus Day/Boat show. That is because they are both so overpriced.
The Annapolitan is about 2++ miles to downtown, not really walking distance, especially in poor weather. There is a free tram, but it also is about 1/2 mile away at the Westin.
If you can find another place, with more reputable management, I'd opt for that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerdale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Headed back to Annapolis for a family wedding. Was thrilled to hear the location. My first call to book accommodations was to John at the Annapolitan B&B. Stayed there couple of years ago, and really enjoyed ourselves. What was already booked that weekend, John promised to call if any openings popped up. And to our luck, two rooms were arranged for us. Felt comfortable and familiar to us. Clean and quiet was the perfect ending to a great family event. Took a few different family members this trip....they too really enjoyed their stay. Great breakfast!! Thanks John & staff. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Just the right distance from the busy downtown area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Read this whole post because it gets even more incredible. We had a fantastic stay and a great breakfast. We sat on the lawn in the evening and had a bottle of wine. Breakfast couldn't be better with French toast, eggs, sausage, fruit, orange juice and coffee. But the ultimate in customer service came at 11:00 PM. My wife needed to be taken to the emergency room. I had never been in Annapolis before and had no idea where to go. I was panicking. I ran downstairs where I knew John, the owner, had left his phone number. I called him. I told him that my wife needed to go to the hospital and asked for directions. He said just get in your car and I will meet you out front. I will lead you there in my car. By the time I got my wife to the car, John was out in front ready to lead the way. He lead us directly to the ER. Now that is customer service! Thank you John!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Annapolitan Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!