The problem with this place isn't the inn, it's the owner John Holt. Beware. John appears amicable enough, but on checkout we found he had added an extra night we had not agreed to, and added an additional $15/nt over our agreed price. Having pointed out the overage, he made no attempt whatever to mitigate, instead proffering what a "good deal" we got. John owns and runs not only the Annapolitan, but also Academy B&B on St George St. You may find it curious that he seems to have availability at both of his properties despite the busiest weekends of the year, Columbus Day/Boat show. That is because they are both so overpriced.
The Annapolitan is about 2++ miles to downtown, not really walking distance, especially in poor weather. There is a free tram, but it also is about 1/2 mile away at the Westin.
If you can find another place, with more reputable management, I'd opt for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over one hundred years ago, the Annapolitan bed and breakfast became one of first venues in Annapolis to accommodate guests. The gorgeous colonial home, originally a farm, housed workers during the week before they headed back to their homes on eastern shore each weekend. Over the years, many things have changed at our quaint Annapolis bed and breakfast, but many things remain the same. The Annapolitan Bed and Breakfast continues hosting guests from near and far, providing quaint, cozy accommodations for those wishing to experience the maritime city of Annapolis. While the city of Annapolis has grown, becoming a travel destination for sailing, dining, entertainment, shopping and historic sightseeing, the elegance and hospitality of the Annapolitan remains unchanged, establishing it as one of the finest Annapolis bed and breakfasts around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Annapolitan Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Annapolitan Hotel Annapolis
- Annapolitan Bed And Breakfast