“Neat and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
glenview IL
“Neat and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

For the last 10 yrs I have been going to Annapolis for the Sail Boat show and we look for rooms when we get there, this time we checked about 5 hotels and all the prices were ranging from $175 to $325 per night and we wanted to stay for about 4 days. I decided that this year I will not pay the high price and find thrifty hotel to stay. So after going from hotel to hotel we stopped at the Village Inn and price given to us was perfect so we thought that there has to be a catch. The front desk clerk gave us a key to take a look at a room and we were shocked at the cleanness and the size of the room huge room and that with wifi. We saved a bundle. Trust me I have stayed at many hotels in Annapolis and this one I will make my permanent hotel when I go to Annapolis.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

After reading some other reviews we did not expect much. Very pleasantly surprised!! Least expensive in area. Incredibly courteous service. (Suggested a diner that was nearby -Double T - that was fabulous) Were repainting outside while we were there. (New mgmt maybe?) Power washed the walks daily. More features than Super 8 next door. Half price of other two choices. Refrig and microwave in room perfect for traveler looking for inexpensive get-away with easy access to sites. On-site Laundry at $1.50 a load (worth the trip just for that ;) We were too lazy to walk to lobby for AM coffee, so we brought our own coffeemaker. Got room in back and it was quiet.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

This motel is old and shabby, but the rooms were clean, it was conveniently located minutes away from downtown Annapolis, the staff was friendly, and the coffee was actually decent.

My partner, daughter, and I decided to stay here for a wedding because all of the other hotels in Annapolis seemed ridiculously expensive. We rented a king-size, non-smoking room. We learned before we came that there were no cots at the hotel, so we brought an air mattress for my daughter.

The staff was friendly, although they spoke very little English, so don't expect to get any directions or tips on things to see in Annapolis.

The room was big, with a mini-fridge, microwave, and tv. Although it was old and a bit worn, it was clean and smelled good.

Basic breakfast was available in the morning, with decent coffee and danishes.

All rooms have free wireless, which was a plus. We travel a lot and have stayed in several Marriotts and nicer hotels which have charged a fee for internet.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
glenview IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

We went out during boat show weekend. Could not find any room at any hotel so we tried this place. It was neat, clean and worth the money. Our bathroom was bigger than what we have at home! Keep it up!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
charlotte nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

After a long day in the car with the kids we had our reservation for the village Inn and upon checking in the front desk staff was so helpful in telling us about the best restaurants to have a great dinner for us and also where the kids will like it also. The room was nice and clean as they looked at recently renovated. I was pleased with the 25" TV and the big rooms. Next time if I am in the area I will stay here again. Thanks for all your help.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Buckaroo127
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

On Orbitz this place looked nice. Looked like a little cottage. Had a later check out time 12pm we liked that. What a joke!!!!! I saw a sign that said check out time 11am So i asked what time it really was they said 11am I left him know the internet says 12pm he said no I said yes it was a lie just like everything else on the web site. The place smelled Awful we had to spray the room with my husband's colonge. If thats not bad enough I walked in the bathroom and there was dried pee on the toilet and hair also, hair in the sink. There were burn holes in the pillow cases and we were in non-smoking there were ashes all over the nite stand when we turned the air on junk started flying in the air. My husband tried to heat something up in the microwave it started sparking and smoking! It was awful we invited friends and made the reservations without them, thinking we picked a nice place. PLEASE STAY AWAY THIS PLACE IS A DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

I wanted a cheap hotel and did not need to be in downtown Annapolis. The Village Inn is old and and a bit rundown, but the room was clean. The sheets on the comfortably firm king size bed were clean and the pillows large and soft. We had two complete sets of towels - bath, hand, and washcloth. The bathtub was patched with Bondo, but solid, although water leaked out from the curtain onto the floor during the shower. It came with soap, shampoo and lotion, although the brands were from other hotels, which was funny. There was cable TV with about 30 stations and a remote control. The alarm clock worked, and there were vending and ice machines. We parked right outside the room and the highway access was easy.
Biggest issue - the AC caused the old metal roof to expand and the cracks were loud enough to wake us up - but we went right back to sleep. In fact, I slept better and longer here than I often do at home.
If you need a cheap place with no frills and plan to spend your day out and about, this is fine. You cannot walk anywhere, but the price beat everything else, and the staff were polite on the phone and in person. In similar circumstances, I would stay again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Rundown, old
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!