“Renovated motel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 22 hotels in Annapolis
Basel, Switzerland
“Renovated motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Excelllent motel close to Annapolis,the reception staff (from India, I guess) is extremely nice and helpful. During my breakfast, I enjoyed a discussion during the morning with a very wise man about plenty of subjects and it was really interesting between a coffee and a muffin:-) Rooms are OK, you can even visit a room before accepting or not. Internet is working fine, rooms are quite clean, beds are good, only breakfast is quite basic. The only bad point, it is difficult to find the main entrance after the highway exit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Glen Burnie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks because it was cheaper than any place but there's a reason why. Nothing worked in room, lots of bugs in rooms, sheets and carpets stained, old and not updated furniture and bed coverings.

Staff didn't speak any English and do not like guests. They are all indian or arab or something like that, have major attitude problems and treat you like you are an annoyance rather than being a guest. The staff stares at everyone that stays there whenever they come and go. Staff even begged for money and promised to pay it back and never did. Just stared at you when you drive by like guests owe the workers there handouts.

Noisy party there for days and hotel clerk wouldn't do anything about it and treated me poorly for asking to have them be quiet. They don't have working phones in the rooms and their breakfast is a joke with 2 donuts and stale coffee is all that is ever in the office in the morning. There was a drug overdose in one of the rooms while I was there and the ambulance took the guy away.

Don't even think about staying here. Just pay $30 more a day and get a better place or live out of your car! That would be better than this craphole.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

first of all there was blood on the mattresses of all 3 of the rooms that we looked at. second the third and final room we went to the beds were made it when they finally came to make the bed they just changed the sheets and put the old blankets and comforters back on the beds. so who knows how often they actually clean those blankets that they put on the beds. oh yeah did I mention there was blood on the mattresses yeah blood and lots of it. I got a refund and stayed at the super 8 right next door. it was very clean and blood free. I cannot believe they are allowed to operate that motel.

• Stayed August 2012
Livingston, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Although it only takes 10 minutes or so to get to downtown Annapolis, please spend another $20 or so and go somewhere else. The phone did not work at all, WiFi did not work from the room and the worst part is the noise that went on constantly. I thought someone was banging on the walls in a nearby room, but the owner said the place is old and always creaks and makes noise. And the "breakfast" was very cheap sugar buns from a convenience store. The room was large and the staff was very nice but the immediate area was scary as was most of the clientelle. The following 2 nights we stayed Downtown Washington DC for only $20 more and had a huge breakfast, could walk to the Mall, had not only great WiFi in the room but also free PCs in the Business Center, free cookies in the afternoons and very lovely rooms in a safe beautiful residential area. So, although I always try to get the best price on a hotel, this is one to pass on!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same and the owner said the noise was the same in every room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My family had just stayed there for the boat show (2 nights). When we first arrived, the guy behind the counter had given us a hard time because they could not find our reservation, even though we had the paper in our hand from Expedia. The guy refused to give any service in helping us find our reservation that THEY lost. Looking at pictures of this place online, and seeing it in person is completely different. It looks like it was more of a "pay by the hour" type of place. As soon as we walked into our room, it smelled musty, the carpets were very old, the furniture was in very poor condition, and the top of the fridge was melted. To top all of that off, we were in a non-smoking room, but I happened to find cigarette butts under my bed, which they never cleaned up the day after. There was also a red stain down the side of my bed which very much resembled blood. There was also stains all over my sheets and pillow cases and the one blanket i had was filled with burn marks. We ended up making due because it was the only place that was available for this weekend and we had no choice. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE, unless it is the VERY last option (sleeping in the car would be more like a 5 star resort compared to this place)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I recently booked a stay at the Village Inn through Booking.com for a wedding and was unable to attend due to a broken foot. After speaking with Booking.com, I was informed I had to pay for the room. This was not the issue!! After speaking with Booking.com to change the credit card I was going to be charged for my stay, Village Inn charged the wrong card anyway. After speaking with Nick the manager, I contacted Booking.com AGAIN, to have the same card faxed over for AGAIN. Booking.com confirmed that this was done both times.They still managed to charge the wrong card. I've never dealt with such incompetence over a simple matter.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Centreville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Location was convenient and price reasonable for the area. Room was clean, bed reasonably comfortable and check-in staff OK. However, the grounds are stark and the hotel itself a relic of another era. The building could best be described as "tired." They did not have our on-line reservation, although they did provide a room. The shower did not work properly. Even though the motel was only half full, a frightening looking fellow pounded on our door at 11:15 AM reminding us we had to check out. I would stay here again only as a last resort.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!