“OK for a day, less so for more” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   793 West Bel-Air Ave, Aberdeen, MD 21001   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Aberdeen
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“OK for a day, less so for more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here for 10 days as I was on business and there was a directive for as little money to be spent as possible. This hotel checks off all the boxes, but excels at none of them. The room I had was clean and quiet. With the exception of kids running up and down the hall (normal), it was pretty easy to sleep here. Colleagues that had stayed here the previous week complained of weekend noise from a party held here, but that was not my experience. The breakfast was not much to speak of. Yogurt, pastry, breads and make your own waffles. OK for a day, it gets old fast though with no daily variety. Get there early to get the best selection. The room was clean enough, but it was very dated by modern standards. I was usually able to get a warm shower and the bathroom as a whole was small. The bathroom seemed to be yellowing in places from age and that's just not a good look. They did, however, keep the shower up to date with new branding. There are a few local restaurants that are ok, but nothing special. It is right off the highway though which makes it very convenient. Again, good for a day, bad for a week.

Room Tip: Go for the second floor. For a decent meal, try the Greene Grille. It is a reasonable sports bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Freehold, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Our first room smelled of cigarette smoke and the TV had no remote. I am allergic to cigarette smoke so they moved us to the room next door. The toilet was running upon check in and maintenance needed to fix it. The TV was small and it took awhile to be able to sign into the WIFI. Later that night I could smell stale cigarette smoke and was not feeling well. After I checked out and was out doors. I felt better. I feel they should clearly have no smoking rooms and be able to place guests that need one he hotel is in great need of updating as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Argyle, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel is easy to get to and comfortable. The bathroom is the only negative. Its old and in need of a drastic makeover. New grout and tub would go a long way. The bed was super comfortable. Nice flat screen tv.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oran NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Staff was excellent. Both front desk and room and contental breakfast staff.
Hotel shows a lot of wear and needs updating.
My wife can't do stairs and as we tried to enter the lobby found you have to walk around to side parking lot to get to the handicap cut into the curb.
To walk to breakfast a walk from room to parking lot around the building and to breakfast area.
Grounds need some updating water flowing out of cracks in pavement.
Tiles missing on entrance to door leading from parking lot to hotel rooms.
Landscape in very poor condition, gives a poor impression when you arrive at hotel, "What have I reserved?

Have stayed in many LaQuinta Inn's and pleased with the chain, this now makes me wonder are they working to keep up their reputation?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Brooklyn NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

While traveling home along I95 and experiencing bumper to bumper traffic and delays, I decided to find a pet friendly hotel and bunk down for the night. Stopped at Maryland House and found a LaQuinta within a few miles, made on line reservation and my dog and I were very comfortable situated in the La Quinta within a half an hour. Was also pleasantly surprised to fine a very good restaurant just across the road. Room and staff very accommodating and while I didn't get up early enough to enjoy free breakfast, I especially enjoyed their noon checkout time. Love La Quintas for all these reasons.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mechanicsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful stay here. My experience with this motel was great. The people were very friendly the room was clean. My company booked me for 4 nights n I got a non smoking room. Well when I got here and found out they offered smoking I was pleased. I got the room switched no problem. I will refer everyone to come stay at this hotel if they are looking for a non or smoking motel that also allows pets..that's a great plus for me since I owned animals. It's always good to know in the future if I need to bring my pups with me ..the only complaint I have was no elevator. I need to have one due to me packing so much and it's hard when you are only one person. Other then that everything was great...thanks again for a wonderful stay..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were up there for the Ripken tourney. This is our 3rd time staying here. We always think that La Quinta's are great value for the price. The breakfast is always above par for that style of breakfast. Thanks again for being you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!