“Very Tired” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Aberdeen
Charleston, SC
“Very Tired”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We like La Quinta because we travel with two smaller dogs and they are allowed. None are fancy, but most are more than fine for a night. Aberdeen is the exception.

We arrived in the rain and the parking lot near our room entrance was flooded by morning. The interior is in serious need of upgrading and repair. Wall paper coming off, wood separating on the door bottoms and on and on. There were signs that something was being done, and I hope that is the case. With proper upkeep this would be a fine La Quinta. But its not there yet.

On the positive side, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was typical which was fine and the staff was pleasant.

As it is we would not stay there again. Its far below La Quinta standards.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Used my free points for stay with cat and dog. This is supposedly Handicap Room but no parking at this door and they are patching a hole in the hallway floor with a fan cord blocking the hall that is not even taped down. Also the security doors are propped open with rocks. When you take the rock out it magically reappears in place. Bring a flash light with you or park in backwards because the lights are out too. Can't wait for free breakfast but there are lots of other places around here if it is a disappointment too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
lq6163GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I thank you for voicing your concerns regarding the stay. During your stay the hotel was installing a new pipe in the corner of the hotel. THis job is now over, all ready and improved. Sorry for the oversight regarding the cord
Bluffton, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is in bad need of renovation. There is no reason to go into all the things wrong. Let's just say they are many and varied. I made a big mistake. I didn't look into trip advisor before my wife booked, if I had we would not have stayed here.
Try other hotel across the street.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
So sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are here to hear and and accommodate all our guests.
Please call us.
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at the La Quinta, Aberdeen Maryland for one evening. Upon check in, i gave the front desk clerk my credit card. That was August 14, 2013. Since that date, La Quinta in Aberdeen, Marland, has used my credit card on four separate occassions to pay for rooms for someone OTHER than me. My credit card/deit card has been wrongly used by the hotel staff four differnt times fora toatal of $250.16. Is this legal?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear about the incident. It was an error, and not malice. I do know that the issues were corrected immediately and never repeated. I can understand the frustration, but I assure you this is not a norm at our hotel.
Prince George, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The rate is too expensive for the quality of the hotel. Carpets are frayed and in dire need of replacing. Everywhere in the building had a weird smell or odor. The breakfast was not well put together. The only milk for the cereal was the watered down kind, tasted terrible. Hot eggs were only for breakfast one day during my 10 night stay. It was OK for a one night stay, but for an extended stay I would choose to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I believe you will be happy to note changes in our hotel. Carpet in hotel has been replaced, as well as beddings. Breakfast rotates daily according to a set menu. However, if you would like something in particular we are always ready to accommodate. Milk is 2% and never ever is watered down. Actually our breakfast scores high at all times.
Middletown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed for one night while traveling. If you are older or have a health problem and want a smoking room be advised these rooms are on the second floor and there is no elevator. When I found this out I request a non smoking room on the but was told by the desk none were available on the first floor even thought it was 10 pm and hardly any cars were parked in the parking lot. After much huffing and puffing we got our bags up the stairs and down a long hallway. All night long we could hear water running from toilets flushing and really did not get a good sleep. Very disappointed in this place would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is in need of a bit of sprucing up. The public areas were not as clean as I've seen in other hotels in the chain. There was a musty odor in the corridors also. In the room itself the mini fridge did not work at all and leaked water onto the carpeting as I investigated the cause. In the end I didn't even bother with it. There was not a single parking space available on the back side of the hotel! Not one!

On the plus side the woman tending the breakfast area was pleasant and super helpful,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!