No problems with a recent 1-night stay at Red Roof Aberdeen. Arrival was rather late, around 11:00pm, which meant that the lobby was not open, and check-in had to be done at the shielded service window. That doesn't give the greatest first impression, but the staff member was pleasant, and putting credit cards and receipts through a window opening wasn't any worse than completing a bank transaction.
The room, as requested, was in a quieter part of the building. Room seemed clean, with no trace of smoking odor. While the entire motel is advertised as no-smoking, although the check-out person told me that they still have some morons who smoke in the rooms. Red Roof will assess the violators a $250 charge, but she mentioned that it can be hard to collect, so they also keep track on a do-not-rent-to list, which is at least some sort of punitive measure.
The rooms are not large (especially the bath) but bed was comfortable, and the TV was a newish flatscreen. They did a somewhat recent renovation of the rooms, but unfortunately, the heating/AC unit under the window was not replaced - it seemed to work, but had the rumble like a monster machine at a tractor pull. The toilet paper in the bath was obviously lower-grade, but no splinters were detected, so all was OK. For the $39.99 special rate that was obtained, this would be an acceptable acommodation in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great location for business and leisure travelers! Army Proving Grounds, Cal Ripken Museum, Beech Tree and Bulle Rock golf clubs are all within 5 minutes. Harve de Grace Decoy Museum and Harford Community College are only 5 miles away from this hotel. For those visiting Baltimore, Inner Harbor and Oriole Park at Camden Yards are only 30 miles. Conveniently located near I-95, Red Roof Aberdeen is just seconds from restaurants and shopping. We welcome all Government and Military travelers with discounted rates for business and leisureOffering Red Roof Inn's new Order Inn program, where guests can order delicious food for in-room delivery. Red Roof Aberdeen is renovated with free Wifi, all new rooms, contemporary furniture, new bathrooms with granite countertops, a comfortable easy chair and more. Selected rooms offer microwave/microfridge units. Experience our coffeehouse-style coffee and tea. All rooms offer “On Command Video” with a selection of free TV channels, pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Red Roof Inn, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Fareportal , Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.