“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen, Maryland, United States
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

my stay at your hotel this past weekend was very nice. everyone was courteous and helpful. breakfast was hot and plenty. housekeeping was on their j-o-b. i will gladly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: just tell them your preferences.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hershey, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here because we had a weekend baseball tournament at Ripken Complex and it was relatively cheap....and that's what we got....cheap. It was dirty in some areas, but not everywhere. Staff were not engaged in customer service, The "buffet" breakfast was made up of powdered eggs and uncooked bacon. Even more bizarre, there were cop cars parked outside of the building both nights, Not sure if that was a sign of security issues, or increased security. Either way...they did nothing about the all night tailgating outside in the parking lot. Thanks goodness all we had to do at this place was sleep...although the fridge was humming all night long. I'm sure we can find another hotel in the area for about the same price

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Carpets were not vacuumed, dusts on the bathroom vents, looks moldy.
Most of the towels were ready for other uses, definitely not for bathing. Pleasant staff sometimes, depends on their moods. Been here more than 3 weeks. This place was chosen by employer. Will not recommend to anyone, especially non-smokers. People smoke in the hallways, and just outside the back doors. Third-hand smoke in the rooms is totally unacceptable. The smell of pets puts this negative review over the top. A great opportunity for improvement. Guests who complain ought to be respected, not vilified. There must be many guest displeased, but, say nothing. Why?
Cause they are certain, they will never come back to any Clarion Hotel anywhere. A pity.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Forest Hills, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

You get what you pay for. My stay at the Clarion wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good either. My rate was a reasonable $100 for the night, but the only things that stuck out were the unpleasant things. I didn’t feel unsafe on the property, but I didn’t feel safe either. There were WAY too many coffee cups, soda cups, cans and the like outside people’s doors- clearly no one came by to get them or clean up. My bathroom mirror had dried specs of what I can only hope was toothpaste on it. The bathroom door had dried juice splatters on it. I’m sure it was a celebratory juice from kids playing in a baseball tournament or something. Again, not a deal breaker, but something to remind me to keep my shoes on. The staff is non existent as I only saw one person upon check in and never anyone else. The workout room has a TON of potential, but again is a let down- smells bad too. Parking is ample, but AGAIN, just doesn’t feel safe. I guess you get what you pay for. I also now know why the Courtyard and Hilton Garden Inn across the highway (and closer to the ballpark) are constantly sold out. Not planning on ever coming back here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ClarionABManager, General Manager at Merit Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us last week. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff and discuss how we can make your stay with us better next time.
I would like to invite you back to give us another chance to earn your business. It sounds like you have stayed in other hotels at our exit and I would love to make the Clarion your hotel of choice. Please conact me at your earliest convenience.
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Quite satisfied. Check in took less than a minute, including honoring my request for a room that was quiet. A receipt was left under the door so there was n check out time. The room was huge and very clean-a king sized bed with a very comfortable mattress and a bunch of great pillows. There was also a sofa, desk with a good office style chair and other furniture with plenty of room to walk around. The bathroom was also large and had a lot of room for toiletries as part of the sink unit. The room had a few small things that could use fixing, such as one seam of the wallpaper needed repair and the bathroom ceiling tiles didn't match but there was nothing that detracted from a pleasant stay. I think the walls are better insulated than most hotels because I barely heard any traffic although this hotel is close to I-95 and I never heard any noise through the walls or in the hallway and judging by the cars in the parking lot, the hotel was full. The only room complaint was that it could have used more or brighter lighting.

Breakfast was a hot buffet plus cereals, breads, etc. in the attached restaurant. No plastic plates or silverware-a nice change from most hotel breakfasts. There was a very helpful wattress serving coffee and water if requested. I do have a few complaints about the breakfast. There were no bagels, no sugar free syrup for the waffles, no apple juice and only canned and frozen fruit. Fresh fruit was available in the lobby.

Our room overlooked the pool. The pool is big and has a large sun deck. Of course it was closed now but I think it would be great in the summer.

This hotel costs quite a bit less than other nearby chains and is just as good if not better than many other more expensive chains we've stayed in. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
ClarionABManager, General Manager at Merit Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you very much for your nice review of our property. We are glad that you had a pleasant experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

A huge, comfortable room at a good price. Convenient location, good Wifi, nicely furnished, very quiet. Wish all our stays were like this.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ClarionABManager, General Manager at Merit Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am glad that you had a good experience with us and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Clean rooms, great location right beside I-95. Good service. Full service rest. and a separate sports bar.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ClarionABManager, General Manager at Merit Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time and writing about your experience at our hotel. We do strive to be the best value in the area. Stop in again soon and see our room upgrades.