“Blue Claw Crab week stay- will return” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 1! Book Now
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Aberdeen
Abington, Pennsylvania
“Blue Claw Crab week stay- will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed for a baseball tournament and had a very good stay. The location for tournament families is excellent, you are right in the heart of the complex and have and option to get a stadium view to watches games from your room ! Part of the lobby was under construction during our stay, but the complimentary breakfast they offered for the inconvenience at the attached Residence Inn hotel was a wonderful accommodation. Overall we booked four rooms for our team and coaches. We were not able to get our block of rooms together as we were originally told would be possible, but it worked out. Check in was pretty smooth considering the crowd and bunches of other teams checking in. Our rooms were ready as guaranteed by 4pm. The rooms were as advertised and had ample space for our needs. Furnishings were updated. Laundering facilities were available on each floor, which was a definite added plus since we wanted to keep baseball pants for 12 -12 yr old boys clean thru the week. The staff and housekeeping staff were very helpful and accommodating. Housekeeping did a very respectable job straightening and freshening up things within the rooms while being mindful to only move or disturb things that were absolutely required be touched. Our rooms were always attended to with care. Overall the stay was comfortable. The boys enjoyed themselves and absolutely raved about the morning breakfast buffet. The price may be pricey considering other nearby lodging was much less per night , we feel that we did get what we paid for. The hotel has a business center, small gym and a pool. Complimentary wi fi was a nice convenience as well. If I had any disappointing item to share it would be the size of the pool. It's much too small. Considering it's location and the fact that kids are likely their often, with teams visiting for tournaments. The team appeared to be for standing and house play and less for any real chance to swim. Other than that our stay was very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were there for a baseball tournament. Yes, there was a lot of construction going on and there were about 50 team playing but it did not affect our stay. Instead of paying for breakfast, we got complimentary breakfast at the Residence Inn. At full capacity they set up two breakfast spots so there was never a wait, plenty of table and good service. With only one bank of elevators, it was not even too bad. On check in day/check out day of the previous tournament it was a bit crazy but
not that big of a deal. The staff was wonderful and really great to the kids.

We have been there last year with no construction and there was not much of an inconvenience.
While there was no restaurant. you had the concessions stands and they brought in food trucks. AMAZING food trucks... I have never eaten from a food truck before but I had the best grilled cheese I have ever experienced. They had entertainment for the kids at night.

I'm excited to see this Courtyard finally updated!! I have been to many Courtyards for business travel and the new look is great as well as the bistro/bar.

Well handled to the team at the Courtyard and Residence Inn with all the construction!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Overnighted here before husbands birthday and was an extra nice surprise. Room was clean, specious and comfortable. Had a better than average breakfast that was included next door at residence Inn. Hung out in the lobby as we enjoyed the fireplace and coffee. They are attached by the lobby.

Room Tip: Our room over looked the ball field.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Checking in on tournament day, we did not get a room until 830pm! Come to find out, they sold late checkouts, didn't have enough housekeeping staff, and had to "wash the sheets before they could make up the rooms". They ran out of soda & water, and I was told, it's been ordered, it should be here in a few days. Great location & facility, too bad they don't know how to make the most of it!

Room Tip: the extra $30 for a field side room added to the kids experience.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Elizabeth B, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Travelbug2139,

Firstly, thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott at Ripken Stadium and sharing your experience with us. I apologize your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. I share and understand your frustrations that your rooms was not ready for your family when your arrived. In addition, I have spoken with who order our market items to make sure that we always have refreshments available for our guest.

Again, please accept my apology for your disappointing stay. If you would like to discuss your stay any further, please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope we will get the chance to serve you again when travel brings you back to Aberdeen.
Monaca, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Please be aware of the construction going on at the Courtyard and Residence Inn Cal Ripkin Aberdeen MD properties. First off we were never notified of the construction. I don't know why they would have construction going on and not on the off season. They closed the entire Courtyard side restaurant/lobby area and limited the outside area as well. They hoard everyone into the Residence Inn side. All guests (Courtyard and Residence Inn) are limited to 2 elevators, one of which is shared by housekeeping. So we had to use the Residence Inn elevator go to the 5th floor and then walk the entire floor to the opposite side of the property (courtyard side room 520).
This is our second stay at this property. We did stay during the same time last year. Both the hotel and the baseball fields have declined dramatically in one year, sad to say.
The front desk tried promoting the inconvenience by saying it was the "newly renovated" side of the hotel. After the lengthy trek to our room we found it was a nice renovated room next to the ice machine and stairs. We found that we did not have a remote for our TV, two other parties in our group had issues with the remote and one also did not have phone that worked. We found that the "NEW" ice machines did not work on 4 of the floors as well.
At check in we were not given our room rate as booked. We were forced to pay more. Later we found out that another person in our group was given the room rate we initially book. They were NOT told they had to pay a higher room rate. A person in our party had a lengthy discussion with the front desk staff about the issue. We still had to pay the high room rate.
The guest traffic in the Residence Inn lobby was horrible. Having only 2 elevators servicing two properties is absurd. They attempted to put a "lobby bar" in the already small, overcrowded lobby area which created additional congestion. When the "bar" which was a short table with three bar stools was open the lady working it seemed to be bothered by being there. She stood frowning seemingly unhappy to be there.
The parking for the hotels and baseball fields are shared. The parking is limited. I noticed alot of construction vehicles and trailers taking up alot of parking spaces for guests at the hotel and people coming to play and watch the games. The construction barriers blocked off much of the outside area were it was nice to sit and watch baseball games on the Ripkin field. Unfortunately this was not possible during the day. Construction people had carpet sitting out out where you want to sit and watch a game and not in their fenced off work area.
In the morning Residence Inn set up a tent where they served breakfast to the Courtyard guest because the restaurant was closed as well. The tent consisted of several picnic tables under a large tent. The morning of check out around 9am I watched who I thought was the front desk manager exit the only exit to the baseball fields and look at two garbage cans that were over flowing with the night before's pizza boxes and garbage and continue his conversation with another employee.
I left a polo shirt in the closet in our room by accident. We checked out and played our games. While on the way home I remembered I left the shirt there. It was 3 hours after check out that I called the hotel about my shirt. The female front desk agent took my name and number and said that she would check with housekeeping and call me back. I called back a short time later to verify the room and location. She again assured me that someone would check and call back. I did not receive a call back that day. I had to call the next day. Spoke with a different front desk agent. She too took my name and number and said she would check. After 2 hours she did call me back. OF COURSE she advised me that housekeeping could NOT locate my polo shirt. She said that they checked the closet and it was not there.
For a Marriott property I am extremely disappointed with quality of the hotel and the employees. As for the baseball park there it too has declined since last year. If you don't mind paying top dollar for a low rate place, waiting 5 minutes for an elevator, inching your way in and out of over-crowded lobby area then this is the place for you. Don't try to tell these people anything because they don't want to hear about it. Sad, very sad to see.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Crista W, Guest Services Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
gonz13,

Firstly, thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott at Ripken Stadium and sharing your experience with us. I apologize your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. I share and understand your frustrations with the hotel renovation, however it is truly out of our control as to the start date. I hope that once the improvements are complete, you will have the opportunity to come back and enjoy the new hotel spaces. I think you will find them to be very nice and accomodating. In addition, I am happy that we found your polo shirt and you should be receiving it in the next few days.

Chino Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is one of the few Courtyard's that has not switched over to the Bistro. That is a very good thing, it means you can still get free coffee in the morning. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel is right next to Ripken stadium, but not real close to anything else. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in Aberdeen.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were so pleased with our experience at the Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium. We stayed there for a tournament and everything was fantastic. My son thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet, arcade, pool and the fact that he could look out the window of his room and see the Cal Ripken Stadium. Plus, we had grandparents along to watch their grandson play and were super impressed with the staff at the Courtyard. They were very accomodating to my mom who could not walk well and needed help getting to the games. The staff arranged for a golf cart to take her to the various stadium! They were friendly and incredibly helpful. Every part of our weekend was fantastic. We would recommend this location to travellers of all ages. You will be very impressed with their hospitality, ease of travel, and accomodations!! Thank you.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the ballpark is just fantastic!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Residence Inn Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#4 of 15 in Aberdeen
3.5 of 5 stars 148 reviews
Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium? Share your experiences!