“Comfortable, Friendly and Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Aberdeen

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel Aberdeen to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Aberdeen
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   980 Hospitality Way, Aberdeen, MD 21001 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Aberdeen
Boston
“Comfortable, Friendly and Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were just passing through on our way South and grabbed a Hotel Coupon Book at a Highway Rest Area. The Clarion was the first one we spotted off the road and we decided to see if they had a vacancy. I was traveling with my Mother and we were both tired and hungry in addition to it being Freezing outside. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, it is a little worn in areas but we didn't mind at all. The best part was the warm welcome followed by the invitation to a complimentry dinner for guests and a nice breakfast the next morning. The dinner wasn't anything fancy (sort of like eating at a friends home in the middle of the week) we had a tossed salad, fresh bread and beef stroganoff with noodles. The previous night they offered Tacos and I heard them mention Chicken & Dumplins for the next meal. I think the complimentry dinner is a Tuesday- Wednesday Special for the hotel.......but we were so happy we didn't have to go back out in that bitter cold. The breakfast was very good too, scrambled eggs, homemade waffels, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy ect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Aberdeen, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

i always stay at the clarion in aberdeen, and i have also attended showers, and birthday parties there. it is a great place to stay or have an event. the room was clean and we were not bothered we were able to enjoy ourselves. thank you

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped here with our dogs. The hotel was very pet friendly, with large rooms, flat screen TV, refridgerator and microlwave in room. We had a pull out sofa bed in the room as well. Very close to shopping and dining. I definitely recommend if you're traveling with pets.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ClarionABManager, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through our area.
Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

There are at least three other more upscale properties nearby, but they are overpriced-albeit newer. The Clarion is a decent pick for value. Room are above average and clean. Free breakfast is better than many.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ClarionABManager, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a good experince with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Lumberton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Upon arrival, there was obvious signs of neglect, however, being 9:00pm and the fact I was traveling alone with my son I decided to try to overlook the poor first impression. In the common areas, the tile flooring is cracked, broken and dirty. The carpeting is filthy and musty and the elevators are in need of maintenance. We checked in and went to our room; upon entry there was a musty, stale odor. When we opened the mini-fridge, it was not operating and there was approximately ¼” of standing old water in the freezer portion. I called the lobby, but could not get an answer so I was forced to take my son back down to discuss this problem. I explained the issues and the young lady (who didn’t appear surprised at all by my complaints) immediately gave me another room. We moved our belongings and found only a slightly better room for the moment. The odor was not as overwhelming and at least the mini-fridge was operating. There was a stain on one of the beds, so my son slept with me. The bath area was “top clean” meaning that it was obvious that deep cleaning of the area had not occurred in some time, but rather it appeared to be wiped down. In the morning I went to start my shower, only to have a problem with the faucet. I pushed, pulled, twisted and turned but could not get the water faucet in the tub / shower to come on. After about 10 minutes, I called the Front Desk and explained the issue. The young lady (again not surprised), chuckled and said, “oh yea – some of them are tough – just pull real hard. If you still have problem let me know and I’ll come do it for you”. So, in my disgust I again pulled for almost another 5 minutes before finally getting so angry I pulled one last time in frustration when it finally came on. Quickly I took my shower as my eyes constantly looked at the obvious cleaning issues. We left for our game and I spent the morning searching for an alternate hotel to stay. After our game I checked out early explaining to the young lady my dissatisfaction.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear about the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. We do realize that guests expect clean rooms, adequate supplies, and to have everything in working condition. Every effort is made to accomplish these service basics and I apologize in that we fell short of your expectations.

We are very close to the Ripken baseball complex and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business. We feel as though we are the best value in the area for Ripken baseball patrons.
Syracuse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Nothing bad to say at all.. Room very clean and quiet. Hotel a bit old but still clean and quiet. Bed was comfortable Food was amazing. A great hotel to stay. Checkin was easy and staff were friendly. Would stay here again..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a response to your stay with us. It was nice of you to compliment us on our food, cleanliness, and being quiet. We hope that you can visit us again in the near future.
Stafford, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

When selecting this "motel" (the name is deceiving) on the web, it appeared to be much newer. Strangely enough, after you check in, the elevators are located half way through the motel. This is only after you climb a slight incline 12X12 brick walkway. Upon arriving at the room, (after walking through a rather dingy hallway and what seemed like two carpet thickness on the floor) I was a bit surprised to see the room rather large, modern, (microwave and fridg) and nicely laid out. I am not sure if it was the drive up there, or the perfect firmness of the bed, but everyone in our party said they all had a good nights sleep. The "free" breakfast in the morning was not your typical continental breakfast, they had scrambled eggs, bacon, link sausage, Belgian waffles, milk, coffee, orange juice and great service. The staff at this motel, is professional, and very courteous. I will be staying here again. Don't let your first impression when you walk down the hall fool you.

Room Tip: No construction, no room noise from the other rooms. I had people on either side of me, never heard...