At check in we were given a letter from the General Manager who suggested we visit TravelAdvisor.com and tell of our experience, so this was our experience
My wife and I were on a 15 day tour of the New England states. During this time we stayed at 9 different hotels. The biggest disappointment was the Holiday Inn, Augusta Maine.
Upon arrival I asked if Priority Club Gold Members could check in before 2PM and was told no. I did register and we returned later that evening. The clerk was kind enough to put us on the first floor after I explained my wife inured her leg.
The next afternoon, I attempted to enter the room and was “locked out”. Someone had indicated we were registered for one night although it was clear with my on-line reservation and at time of registration we were scheduled for 3 nights. This was corrected. However that evening when we returned to the room late, we saw that it had not been cleaned, beds not made, linens not changed. Again, the clerk on duty was kind enough to get clean towels.
At no time was there any acknowledgment of the Priority Club Gold membership,. I mention this because at our other Holiday Inn stays on this trip. The desk clerks did acknowledge this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located adjacent to the Augusta Civic Center, 1/2 mile from I-95 and within three miles of the Augusta State Airport and the State of Maine Capital. If you're looking to get away from it all, this pet friendly hotel's location in the heart of Central Maine makes us an affordable and convenient starting point for hiking, biking, or ATVing adventures. In addition, our location offers ample camping or fishing outings and a myriad of other spring and summertime activities! Want to check out some Maine lakes? There are plenty of lakes and ponds nearby ripe with opportunities for boating, fishing, swimming, or even charter fishing! The Belgrade Lakes region is just a short drive away and it is alive with fun activities for all during the spring and summer months. For a top of the line golfing experience check out the Belgrade Lakes Country Club or the Augusta Country Club! Maine's largest open-air shopping center, The Marketplace at Augusta, is located just across the street! There are antiquing opportunities in nearby Hallowell, and the Freeport outlets are just 40 minutes away. Old Fort Western and the Maine State Museum are sure to provide hours of enjoyment. Leading health care providers such as the new Maine General Alfond Center for Health, the Togus VA, and the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care are just a short drive from the hotel. Enjoy our free hot continental breakfast as well as in room refrigerators and microwaves! Need to distress after a long day? Burn up some calories in our onsite fitness center or take a swim in our outdoor pool! We are located in close proximity with many major summer camps including Camp Laurel, Camp Androscoggin, Camp Cobbossee and many more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Civic Hotel Augusta
- Holiday Inn Augusta
- Augusta Holiday Inn
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn Maine