“OUT STANDING Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairfield, Maine, United States
“OUT STANDING Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have to say that when ever I am in Augusta and need a place to stay, it is always the Comfort Inn at 281 Civic Center Drive. I never have a issue with rooms, as the Manager (Kathy) always does what she can to have a room available for people. The Staff is awesome, very friendly, willing to help how ever they can. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. House keeping is on top of everything and as much as I stay there, there has NEVER been an issue. If you choose to eat breakfast they have an awesome place to have coffee and many eats while ctaching up on the news on there flat screen TV. They have a heated pool also. I just wont stay anywhere else and if I need a room last minute, Kathy always has been able to help me. She and her staff are awesome and are very kind.

Room Tip: I always stay in a Smoking room on 3rd floor. They are quite and nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Erica H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for such a glowing review! Our sales manager Kathy is terrific, and I am glad she has been able to help you out. We appreciate your loyalty and enjoy having you as a guest. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Comfort Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here 2 nights. Was a wonderful experience. Great staff, Housekeeping were on top on things eager and willing to help us out. Offered to help us to our room explained what they had to offer such as food and activities Good, clean and very roomy room! bathroom a bit cozy Heated pool which the kids loved. The Housekeeper Joe was extremely helpful in informing us of the pool for the kids to play and brought down some floatation devices so the kiddos could have fun. Thanks for going out of your way to make our stay and Christmas terrific!!!!

Room Tip: If you want to save money can get a king room with a pull out couch and save $10.00 a nite
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Erica H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I want to thank you for all the wonderful comments about the hotel and staff, we really appreciate the kind words. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our indoor heated pool, and that you and your family enjoyed your stay over the holidays. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

BEWARE!!!!! WE HAD A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF CASH STOLEN FROM OUR HOTEL ROOM TODAYat the COMFORT INN CIVIC CENTER AUGUSTA. The money was hidden in our suitcase. We knew something was wrong when we returned to our room and found the suitcase open. Someone had searched the suitcase and stolen the cash. Of course, the ony people proven to enter the room other than my husband and I, were the housekeepers, who spent a total of " 9 minutes" in our room according to the police to whom we reported the theft. Of course, the housekeepers denied taking the money. My husband didn't take and I didn't take it, so it must have been???? BEWARE, THIEVES LURK IN THE HALLS OF THIS HOTEL, but it couldn't possibly be the housekeepers, they don't even spend enough time in the room to clean them properly.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Erica H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We are very sorry for your experience at our hotel. Although we are confident our staff did not remove anything from your room, we sympathize if any of your items were indeed missing. Unfortunately, any hotel can have untrustworthy patrons, and we always recommend placing valuable items in our free to use safety deposit boxes when you travel. This way items are safe in the event your door is accidentally left ajar by yourself or the staff. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss this further.
Bangor, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

When my home became to small to entertain all the family someone suggested what they do. Rent rooms in a motel. Years ago I did just that and chose Comfort Inn. You were so fabulous and reasonable I continued. I have just returned from our 2012 gathering and again, thank you. I have no clean up except my own choices of mess, the children swim we have family time, and in the morning a beautiful breakfast is served. I don't have to cook. I have time for hugs and stories, who could want more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Very nice property, and the staff were great!! Was presented with a "gift bag" by the young lady at the desk, which was very thoughtful. The breakfast was excellent. The hotel was easy to get to from the Interstate. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

this is an extremely nice property, fresh coffee available by front desk 24 hours, there were cookies there too when we arrived. Rooms very nice, clean, comfortable. Breakfast was great too.
Location is right off the 95.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you read the previous reviews, you get the idea. It is good enough to feel comfortable, and have a good night’s sleep, but there are some issues. I saw that a manager’s note on another review that said they were going to be re-grouting the tubs, they shouldn’t wait. Black mold along a third of the current molding in ours was not pleasant, I don’t have allergies, but I imagine you will want to think twice if you do. Very nice new flat screen TV but some of the major channels (ESPN) didn’t work. Free WiFi but it was VERY slow. The bathroom was so small and badly configured that you had to wedge yourself between the toilet and the tub just to open and close the door. Desk staff was generally friendly and helpful but the night we arrived the check in person was over-whelmed and confused (we were 4th in line at 11PM) and gave us an already occupied room and upon correcting it gave us new keys set for only 1 day (we were staying 4). They do accept dogs which we are thankful for and our main reason for booking here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Civic Center? Share your experiences!