“Good food good people!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Coffee Shop, Delicatessen, Bagels
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: We provide a neighborhood feeling, offering a sunroom with a gas stove in the winter, jazz on Sundays, and outdoor deck seating in the summer. We love seeing our returning neighbors and friends, and are delighted to introduce Bagel Mainea to new folks as well. We are known for made-from-scratch soups, made-to-order sandwiches, as well as providing business breakfast and lunch deliveries in the area.
Augusta, Maine
“Good food good people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This place is great!! I always stop by when I have the time to grab something for me and my wife.the food is deli pus reasonable priced and fresh. The works are usually always friendly and conversational which makes for a great environment to eat in.

Owls Head, Maine
“Bagel Mainea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great spot for breakfast or lunch. We are originally from NY but now living in Maine and these bagels are close! The service was great and the location is very convenient. My father owned a bagel shop in NY very similar to this place. It felt like home.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear almosthappytraveler,
Thanks for taking the time to write about us in Tripadvisor! I'm glad that someone with so much "cred" would find our bagels good. Boiled and baked, just like in NY. Because I would like you to feel that we offer great value and atmosphere, as well as service and food, please ask for me on your next visit and give me your thoughts about improvement! We will do what we can to earn your total delight!
Iowa City, Iowa
“Great fresh bagels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went here instead of having our free hotel breakfast and it was well worth it. The bagels were very fresh. The texture was just we like in a bagel: soft, slightly chewy, and thin crust. We had some of the bagel sandwiches and they were freshly prepared in a timely manner. The service was friendly and the coffee was good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Poltalia,
Wow! We are honored that you'd choose to come to us instead of getting a free breakfast! We try to assure that everyone feels that their money is well spent when they eat here. Feel free to let me know how we can improve the atmosphere so that you would be beyond comfortable. We do try to put our money where your mouth is!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Wonderful bagels (especially for Maine) and amazing sandwiches. Most definitely worth the stop off the highway.

Visited July 2013
Dear Fferffee,
Thanks for taking the time to pull off the highway and visit us! Our bagels are genuine boiled bagels, and we want to provide you all with delicious and high quality food, with some crazy sandwich combinations. We are so glad you enjoyed your stop and we hope you'll come by again.
Belgrade, ME
“THE BEST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

They have the best assortment of bagels you've ever seen. My favorite has to be the Cheddar. I also love the cinnamon raisin, very berry and tomato basil. I also buy my cold cuts there!!

Visited April 2013