“Great spa and easy to find” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   284 Western Avenue, Route 202, Augusta, ME 04330   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great spa and easy to find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was very impressed by the pool and the spa. Very easy to get to and close to shopping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear James H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor.com community. We are priveledged to be your Augusta Maine lodging choice and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Hermon, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was a last minute "girls weekend" trip and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Senator Inn & Spa will be our permanent "get away" location from now on. The staff throughout the whole Inn was more polite and professional then any place I have ever stayed. We had a chance to be pampered at the spa with massages, which were amazing; and even time to squeeze in a haircut. FABULOUS cut Tammy! The food at the restaurant was to die for and again, the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was to our liking. We are aleady planning our next weekend and you know where you can find us!!!! Thanks to all the staff at Senator Inn & Spa. We will see you soon!

Room Tip: I don't think you could possibly get a bad room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hermon, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Every staff member exceeded kindness and consideration. They all had spectacular personalities. I would like to mention all by name but it's just not possible. Very clean and comfortable. The Spa was AMAZING. Will return soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Vicky E,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Firstly, one of the most elegant and inviting architectural settings of any hotel I've ever stayed in. The service is commendable, starting with Jason W. and the guest relations people at the front desk, Chris M. and other cleaning service personnel, are also very professional and accommodating. The spa experience is second to none. Well-maintained
steam room, indoor pool, hot tub, and much more. I would highly recommend this to anybody that truly wants to experience what its like to be a Senator for a day, a weekend, or longer. Also great for families and couples.

- Dave B.

Room Tip: Call in advance and express your preferences with friendly guest relations people.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

While attending school in the Augusta area I was a guest at The Senator frequently over the past two years. I have never experienced such friendly, polite, & helpful staff at any other hotel, spa, resort, store, etc. One would think that in the many times I stayed there I surely would have at least one negative story to tell...they are that great I truely do not! The front desk is organized & friendly. The restaurant from included breakfast buffet to dinner & desert always has somthing delicious to even satisfy a very picky eater! And the spa...oh the spa is faboulous!! The mineral pool & surrounding hot tub are set under a beautiful arched ceiling painted with a blue sky & clouds surrounded by windows. Simply walking through the door allows anyone to immediatley be able to let the stresses of life melt away. I stayed in many of the various rooms which are all very nice & always clean! I had the pleasure of staying in a spa suite a few times & between the whirlpool tub & fireplace I never wanted to leave!
5 stars, 2 thumbs up...magnificent!!

• Stayed May 2012
JDDWentworth, Guest Relations Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear JaS04650,

Jason Wentworth
Guest Services Mgr.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed overnight at the Senator back in April. Our experience was wonderful from the start as upon check in we were informed that they had upgraded our standard room to a spa suite. The suite was absolutely beautiful and extremely clean. The entire place was very well maintained and the decor made you forget that you were in Augusta, Maine.

The complementary continental breakfast at Cloud 9 was fantastic and the decor of the restaurant was absolutely gorgeous. Sinatra played throughout the place and gave the feel that we were on a posh holiday in a glamorous city.

Staying at the Inn gives you access to the pool and spa and let me tell you, it is a do not miss experience. The indoor mineral pool and jacuzzi are in a room that looks like it is straight out of a Hollywood mansion, and the changing areas/locker rooms are classy and well-maintained. That's a good way to describe the entire place-classy and well-maintained!

My fiancé and I cannot wait to go back. Being there was like being on a mini vacation, everything you need is at your fingertips and the whole place just has a very laid back, relaxing feel to it.

The Senator is truly a hidden gem in a city that seems to be renovating and rebuilding itself and I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear LWeston,

Jason Wentworth
Guest Services Mgr.
Fryeburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

After looking at all of the fantastic reviews for this hotel, it was my first choice to stay during my trip to Augusta. It was incredible how wrong all of the reviews I saw were. For a moment, I even thought that I must have been looking at reviews for a different hotel, but sure enough!! It was the same Senator Inn that I stayed at!! My first experience was being being woken up at 6 am to a horrible racket in the hallway. I later discovered that this was the sound of tables being moved in a banquet facility. I then ate breakfast at the Cloud 9 restaurant and received the delightful surprise of a piece of broken glass in my food. When I asked to speak to restaurant manager Stacy, I was informed that because the price of my food was already included in my hotel bill, I could not be reimbursed. I also received no apology for the incident. And as if that wasn't bad enough, I later walked into the hallway headed back to my room and heard Stacy speaking with another employee about the needless complaints of a restaurant patron... me. I have never been introduced to such a lack of professionalism in my life. if you choose to stay at the Senator Inn, be prepared for dissapointment.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Ben C,

I am truly sorry for your poor experience here at the Senator Inn. Had I been made aware of your food contamination or your sleep disruption I certainly would have made every effort to compensate you for your troubles. I would still like the opportunity to rectify your bad experience with us, please contact Holly Gessner - Restaurant Manager or Myself, Stacy Barnes - Events, Food and Beverage Manager.

-Stacy Barnes

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!