“Truly a Cloud 9 Experience” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   284 Western Avenue, Route 202, Augusta, ME 04330   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wells, Maine
“Truly a Cloud 9 Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Gorgeous Property that lives up to Maines slogan, "The Way Life Should Be". Staff went above and beyond to please and our room was very spacious and appointed with everything anyone would need including a flat screen tv in the bathroom. Breakfast buffet was included and served in the Cloud 9 restaurant which left us not only full but feeling like we were on Cloud 9. Will certainly be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
JDDWentworth, Guest Relations Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Beverly B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor.com community. We are priveledged to be your Augusta Maine lodging choice and hope to see you again soon!

Guest Services Mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Fort Kent, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Once again, we spent the weekend at the Senator Inn for the GOP convention. And once again, they delivered such superb accommodations and service!

The front desk staff is always "on duty" in their capacity of friendly people, even this weekend, when they had to be overwhelmed by all the guests! They seemed, as always, to be focused on us as guests, and not on our intruding on their time.

How refreshing is that??

We stay in the Presidential wing, and cannot sing its praises enough. There is plenty of room i which to entertain guests, which we usually do when in town for political business, and there has never been a problem that the staff has not been able to fix.

And this is my favorite thing about these rooms: There is a television in the bathroom, so I can relax in the tub and catch up on the news!

Room Tip: The Presidential Wing has televisions in the bathrooms!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Dear WomanWithAnIssue,

Millinocket, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Being politically minded, my wife and I are in Augusta several times a year, that being the capital city of Maine, and we generally stay at the Senator. We have a preference, as far as rooms go, but every one of their options we've tried have been very good. The rooms and suites are well accommodated, the beds are comfortable, and the service is excellent. The on-site restaurant is also very good, and open reasonable hours.

Room Tip: Our preference is for Room 201, but all of their rooms are good.
Dear Magiccity,

Augusta, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

On the afternoon of Monday April 30, 2012 - I came to the Senator Inn to speak to the General Manager (GM). The Front Office Manager Jason Wentworth explained to me that the GM was at another location for the day. I explained to him that I needed to get some materials to the GM that day (on April 30) prior to a Meeting that was taking place the very next morning (on May 1) that the GM was attending. Consequently, Mr. Wentworth telephoned the GM on my behalf. Since it was impossible for the GM and I to meet prior to May 1, the GM asked that I write a few paragraphs explaining myself and submit the write-up with the materials that I needed to deliver to him. The General Manager was to return to the Inn at an unknown time in the evening of April 30 to pick up other items that the Front Office Manager Jason Wentworth had prepared for the GM and was waiting for him.

I hurried to my office and wrote up a few paragraphs as quickly as I could - although it still took a couple of hours before I could return to the Inn. Before Mr. Wentworth's shift ended, he called and asked how things were going and how much longer I thought it would take before I would be done. At the time, I told him I still needed a little more time before I would be done and hoped to return to the Inn while he, Mr. Wentworth, would still be on duty.

Although Mr. Wentworth's shift ended prior to my returning to the Inn, he patiently and kindly waited for my return to the Senator Inn to personally make sure that my writeup and materials were with the other materials that the GM would later come to pick up from the Senator Inn. Mr. Jason Wentworth indeed went beyond the call of duty that day and I am very thankful for all that he did for me. This folks is a pure example of EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Mr. Jason Wentworth - Thank You so very much for all that you did!!! It is very much appreciated!!!

On another note - I periodically frequent the Cloud 9 Restaurant of the Senator Inn during breakfast hours with another individual. We always are greeted by the Front Office Staff with a warm smile and jovial greetings. And, in the actual dining room, the servers are always very friendly and welcoming - making us feel very much at home. In addition, the servers provide the best service one can ever imagine. The servers are very attentive to our needs and the needs of all the other customers in the restaurant. Thank You Everyone for a most enjoyable dining experience...oh yes!...the food is also very good.

Lorraine Gilbert, CEO
LLG Associates Inc.
Augusta, Maine 04330-4219

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
JDDWentworth, Guest Relations Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Lorraine G,

It was my pleasure staying late to help you. You and your mother have become great friends of ours and it was the least I could do. Thank you for posting such a wonderful review! See you soon!

North Searsmont, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This was my third trip to the spa, first trip to the hotel. As always the spa was absolutely fabulous! Everyone there was amazing. Highly recommend the 1.5 hour massage! It is simply heavenly! We had a spa suite, nice and spacious, very clean, two large comfy beds with nice down comforters. The gas fireplace was really nice, I only complain about the ticking from the timer on it, but you learned to tune out the noise from that. There was even a television in the bathroom with remote for people using the jacuzzi to watch tv if they wanted to! We were so comfy and pampered we slept through breakfast! The customer service was great and everyone was really nice. We were able to check in early and check out wasnt until noon!! I will definately go back and recommend this place to anyone else!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Tiffany K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor.com. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overnight spa trip to the Senator Inn. Come and see us again soon!

Stow, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel is interesting with a variety of rooms styles - cottages to rooms. My room had a gas fireplace, very nice but wish the timer didn't "tick, tick, tick". Very clean and nicely appointed.

The staff was truly customer focused and very accomodating. Got a great massage.
The only disappointment was the Coud 9 restaurant. The menu was reminiscent of the 60's and the piped in music was from the 50's and 60's - boring. The food was very boring - my filet had no flavor and was very rare, not the medium rare I ordered. The asparagus was overcooked and bland- no butter, no herbs nothing. Thye need to update the menu and decor if they want to atrract anyone under the age of 75.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
JDDWentworth, Guest Relations Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Shelley H,

Thank you for sharing you experience with us on Tripadvisor.com. Our goal at the Senator Inn is to provide the best service possible for all guests; whether traveling on business or for pleasure.
Cloud 9 Restaurant focuses on low sodium/preservative foods and we apologize that you found your meal unsatisfactory. Your review has been forwarded to our management team so they may further investigate and make the necessary changes to better our future guests experience. Once again we thank you for sharing your review with us.

Jason D. Wentworth
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I visit the Augusta area every few months and always stay at the Senator Inn. It is very close to the highway, offers great rates and free breakfast (love the waffles!), and has very nice staff. The rooms are comfortable, clean and have nice shampoos and saops in them. Quite frankly, this is the best place to stay in the Augusta area. Nice indoor pool and spa too!

Room Tip: The basic rooms are very nice, but for a special experience get a "spa room" which has a f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Geoffrey B,

Thank you for sharing your experiences here at the Senator Inn & Spa with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Augusta Maine again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!