“Augusta Oasis” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Silver Spring, MD
“Augusta Oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I recently stayed at the Senator Inn & Spa for the fourth time. Unlike so many of Maine's picturesque coastal towns, Augusta is not a big draw for tourists, but I go there for family reasons. I am always accompanied by my brother and his dog. One of the reasons that we choose the Senator is the acceptance of pets (and the pet fee is nominal). The hotel also has an indoor and an outdoor pool, and , as the name reveals, a spa. We are in and out so quickly that I have never availed myself of the spa services. We have made a habit of dining in the hotel's Cloud 9 Restaurant. I am a vegetarian and am always relieved to find something vegetarian on the menu in lobster-crazed Maine. My brother is not vegetarian, and we both enjoyed our dinner. The dessert selection is dreamy. The restaurant, bar, and hotel staff are consistently pleasant and accommodating. The room was nothing special, but it was clean and quiet. The location is close to the interstate, the airport, and the capitol. If family duty calls again, we will choose the Senator Inn & Spa.

392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I travel frequently up and down the east coast. I have to say that the Senator Inn in Agusta, Maine was beyond my expectations. The Manager Roger Bintliff and his staff take customer service to a level you rarely see and feel anymore. The attention to detail that my stay was given was above and beyond. The ammenities offered in this hotel are fabulous. I would reccomond this hotel, their full scale restaurant , fitness center and spa facilities to everyone. This hotel has everthing you could need. I plan on returning to the Senator Inn every chance I get.

Room Tip: the spa rooms are fit for kings and ueens
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

The Senator Inn doesn't look much from the outside, at first glance coming off the ME Turnpike it could be a motel. Once inside, however, the atmosphere was warm and cosy, with friendly staff (though fine tuning, like knowledge of laundry schedules or of good local restaurants, seemed to be lacking). The Senator offers a wide variety of rooms, so it is a good idea to look at their website before selecting a room grade so you know what to expect.

We stayed in a Spa Suite: large rooms with a very comfortable, firm bed, ample clothes hanging space and a electric fireplace. Bathrooms were of a good size and the bath tub possessed 'whirlpool functions'. Decorations were largely tasteful, although on occasions a touch over-ornate (the Greco-Roman images surrounding the swimming pool were a bit much).

Despite a much hyped restaurant, we found the food overpriced and disappointing. The breakfast selection was of very moderate quality and choice was lacking.

A good standard hotel, warm and pleasant but a bit steep for the price tag.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay, great service, friendly staff and incredible food, will stay again and would recommend to anyone staying in the Augusta area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

This was my first stay at the Senator and everything was first rate from start to finish. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. My room was clean and comfortable. I made use of the huge saltwater indoor pool, had my nails done at the spa and relaxed in the sauna. Also i had breakfast and dinner in the cloud 9 restaurant - delicious , I recommend the senator to anyone. I know I'll be back!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We are from New York and came to pick up our daughter at camp.We had an unpleasant experience last year at the Fairfield Inn,so we decided to make our reservations at the Senator Inn this year. Jason is so hospitable and nice.I believe he is the front desk manager or something. He is who I booked with over the phone and happened to be who checked us in.Very clean and neat rooms! I had a nice martini in the bar made by Lisa,who is sweet as pie. Oh speaking of pie,they have the most wonderful dessert menu in the Cloud 9 Spa! And it doesn't end there with the Senator Inn..AND SPA! Yes,we were so surprised to find this hotel has such a wonderful spa as well as a 5 star resturant. The pool is wonderful,and the steam room was such a treat. The front desk attendants at the spa were so sweet. Kayla gave me a wonderful tour and even helped me pick out some new eye shadow in the boutique. She was very sweet,polished and helpful! My sister and I took a excercise class in the gym(no extra charge to use the gym) and finshed off our trip with two aroma oil massages. Thanks to the Senator Inn for a wonderful time. We felt right at home and didn't want to leave.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011 via mobile

A great find...we found this on a whim, but made sure to read the TA reviews as well.

Grerat hotel, great value, great service.

Kiara at the registration desk was great. She started with a big smile then got us checked in and gave us all info we would ned to have a good stay. From that point through checkout, everything was excellent.

A great surprise was the gourmet pizzas they offer. Try one of you are hungry, we had the pear, walnuts and mascaone cheese...OMG, unbelievable, best I have ever had!!! Even my carnivore husband was wanting for more. Fantastic!!!!

This hotel has much to offer. We got a great workout in before breakfast, they have a spa and terrific workout area.

Breakfast is very good, fresh fruit, breads, cereal, eggs, yogurt etc., very nice.

Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!