“Nice bar area” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 78 Restaurants in Augusta
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It’s like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Kingston, New Hampshire
“Nice bar area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Good Mexican food if that's what you are in the mood for. It's located right next to the Hampton Inn hotel.

Visited April 2013

Augusta, ME
“Not a fan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am not a big fan of Mexican food to start with, though I do appreciate a good mole and good flan, both of which this restaurant DOES NOT serve (though they used to serve flan). What kind of "authentic" Mexican restaurant does not serve these Mexican basics? Anyway, because several family members are fans of this place I quite often ended up there....but never again. Last time I ordered the Tuesday all you can eat tacos special. All I could eat was one. Why? Because they were absolutely the worst tacos I have EVER eaten, And I mean they were worse than the ones you get from that "taco" chain. Mushy, soggy, little filler, hardly any cheese. And they weren't cheap, either. I guess if you just want to fill your stomach and don't care about quality or taste, this might be your restaurant of choice (if your order this special). The place is always cold, the tables are too tightly packed, it's very noisey, and the prices are high. The only reason I didn't give it a terrible is because the wait staff is always pleasant and tries hard to compensate for the fact that the food takes forever to be served, and the bar is not much better when it comes to making drinks to be delivered to your table. If the family still wants to go there it will be without me...........I'm not eating there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Maine
“Margaritas has really gone downhill with the new manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family used to be regulars at Margaritas. Over the past 2 years we have noticed the food getting pricier with reduced quality, and the margaritas had been watered down until we couldn't even taste the tequila anymore. This once popular and packed restaurant has dwindled down to only a handful of patrons (and, subsequently; staff) at any visit. On our last visit, I finally had enough of paying $7 for a very watered down margarita and politely requested to the waitress that they add more tequila to my glass. (It was my birthday dinner, after all.) She departed with my drink and a new manager approached our table. He proceeded to loudly lecture me on how their margaritas aren't supposed to have much tequila in them at all. Several diners from other tables turned to observe the loud 'lecturing'. It was absolutely humiliating to be treated like that. Then our waitress returned with a 2nd drink which was just as weak as the first one. I was so shocked at being treated so horribly by this manager that we got up and left the building without eating. NEVER will we return to this establishment until that pathetic excuse for a manager is fired.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Augusta, Maine
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I know they are a chain, but they never fail to provide good food, with good service. They are also civic minded, check out their full moon madness. They keep me coming back!

Visited January 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“NOT a good large party location; decent food but terrible manager”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently visited this restaurant and had a terrible experience with the manager there. As a pharmacist and long-time retail employee , I've always tried to follow the mantra, "the customer is always right." Over several interactions with the General Manager, Chris, I've come to the conclusion that Margaritas does not share my mantra. This is NOT a good destination for a large party.

• Visited October 2012