“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Augusta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Would come back to this hotel again. Staff was great and the room was clean. My only criticism was the complimentary breakfast was not very good. The eggs were on the rubbery side and not very hot. Other than that my family and I enjoyed our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ssshanover, Owner at Hampton Inn Augusta, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Glad you found our associates helpful and rooms clean. So sorry the eggs were not to you liking. Usually guests love our breakfast.

We'll follow up to ensure this isn't a regular occurrence.

Thanks for the comments and as always... Thanks for choosing us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Orange, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The staff was welcoming and courteous, accomodations were clean and comfortable, and the overall experience was very good. One of the top Hampton Inns we have stayed at - and we have stayed at many across the United States.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ssshanover, Owner at Hampton Inn Augusta, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Reviews like this are exciting. To be seen as one of the best Hampton's in the Brand by a loyal Hampton guest ,is an honor.

I too, am proud of our associates. They take guest service seriously and love hearing that they succeeded.

Thanks for choosing Hampton and thanks for choosing us!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very new, clean and quite, good parking and Margaritas is a few feet away. Kitchen breakfast person was very very nice and made us to go bags for breakfast.

She was very pleasant...........

I need to write more to use 200 characters..................................

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
So happy to hear you had a very nice stay! I love staying at hotels where I can just walk to a restaurant. Margaritas' is a perfect partner.

We focus on the basics. Clean rooms and quality service. Thanks for recognizing

Thanks for choosing us!
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

For the size of the city this hotel was unexpectedly great! Totally recommend. The breakfast was of excellent quality. Staff very helpful. Nice simple details that delighted me. In Augusta everything is 5 minutes away so the location was good. The business center had everything I needed. Internet, huge screen, quick laser printers, folders, clips, staplers, everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gordon C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.
Augusta may not be big, but it certainly has alot to offer. We are very happy you found everything you needed to be productive while you were here.
Thanks for choosing us when you're in Augusta!
Wakefield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Was at this hotel as my daughter was traveling to a local sports tournament. The hotel staff prepared a lot of "goodies" for the many kids & families that are staying for the tournament. The staff made homemade banners as well. Big pluses are the very comfortable lounge seating area w/free fruits (apples). Minor downer is that the pool area is sub-par compared with other Hampton Inns. Pool a little smaller than normal and no whirlpool and with limited hours. All (desk, cleaning, and breakfast) staff were friendly and helpful. Would absolutely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We had so much fun getting ready for and hosting your group! Victoria did a great job making the banners and everyone pitched in on the rest.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
Maybe we'll see you again next year.

Westbrook, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had a peaceful, stress free stay and I enjoyed my room. I had everything I needed in the room and it was very clean and pretty! I would recommend your hotel to others. Thank you for a relaxing stay! ****

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Carrie for the compliment. Everyone here works very hard and seeing the positive feedback from travelers like you makes their efforts so much more rewarding.
Thanks for staying with us!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Yes, you read that right. I had spent the day traveling by air to Augusta Maine and was anxious to get to the hotel to freshen up, wash my hands and face, and relax. After washing my face I grabbed a fresh hand towel off the shelf to dry it only to open my eyes and see a bunch of black curly pubic hairs all over the towel. This was the very same towel I just dried my face with.

I called the front desk and they sent someone down (Glenn I think). He was grossed out as well. He apologized and replaced every towel I had with fresh ones. He apologized again when I saw him at the front desk a little later and told me he spoke with the housekeeping manager.

Anyway, other than that the room is nice. Clean (outside of the towel incident) and the staff is friendly. I'm not sure if I'll stay here again though. I'm giving it an average rating because it would seem unfair to rate it lower based on one towel.

Lastly, and I'm sure you're wondering, the hotel didn't offer me anything for this 'inconvenience'.

Room Tip: Check your towels to make sure they're clean.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gordon C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via Tripadvisor. We are so sorry for the housekeeping issue you encountered and appreciate you bringing the incident to our attention. Unfortunately, we didn't respond with the exemplary service that Hampton is known for and are working to ensure this will not occur again and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may fully demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Gordon Clark, GM

Been to Hampton Inn Augusta? Share your experiences!