“Where shall I begin??” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Augusta
Reading, Massachusetts
“Where shall I begin??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, that's a positive. The carpet in the room was new and clean!! The ceiling tiles stained with water, the shower head dirty and stained, the caulking around the tub was done by a three year old. Beer bottles on the stairwell the next morning. The landscaping looked great, but they should put the money into the rooms!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Augusta, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Main lights in room didn't work.

Bedding was dirty and had many cigarette burns.

Towels were torn and stained, small and coarse.

No shampoo.

Found hairs in the bed and bathroom.

Toilet was dirty.

Food spills in the refrigerator and microwave.

Staff smoking by the entry doors which had no smoking signs on them.

Shifty behavior from the guy at the front desk.

Was covered with bug bite welts when I woke up.

Significantly overpriced compared to the other hotels and what they had to offer.

Switched to the Quality Inn nearby and the difference was night and day.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

You would be better off sleeping in your car then staying at Motel 6.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Rockland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stay at motel 6 Augusta Maine at least 3 to 4 times a month. I am really shocked at some of the reviews that I see on here. The staff is very friendly. The rooms that I have stayed in are very clean. I am very happy with how quiet the hotel is at night. The coffee there is really good as well. I recommend to all my friends that they stay at motel 6 Augusta Maine. The price is right.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
New Brunswick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The smell alone in the lobby was my first sign but my husband suggested we stay anyways because it was late. They charged us $60 for the night, we walked in room, all 5 of us used the washroom, the faceclothes were stained, the room smelled awful, we all just had a gross dirty feeling, the beds were small. We immediately got on our phones and booked a room up the hwy at the best western for $110. They gave us our $ and we left. They offer no free breakfast, no gym, I didn't inquire but I also believe there was no pool. Motel 6 is now forever off our list, we stayed at one a couple years ago and we all got lice, I had only agreed to check this one out because we were tired and Super 8 and Hampton Inn were full.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is discusting just stayed there last night 10/12/13 and the smell of trash and feet was gross, pilows,blankets, rugs and wall all were very dirty took pictures... pillows had yellow stains on them blankets smells like smoke in a non smoking room. We spent 50$ at the kmart down the street on blankets and pillows ( saved the recipts ) this place was just gross and because of the holiday all the hotels in the area were booked and the rooms were overpriced... Never stay at a motel 6 again this place should deff. Be knocked down plus everything they offered in the room didnt exist... Very gross !

• Stayed October 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Augusta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the odor and cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Me and my husband stayed there because they have good VA Togus rate for veterans. We are assigned 2nd floor. My husband requested if we can move to first floor. The front desk guy is a jerk. He said that all rooms are filled up. That night, I woke up around 2 a.m. because I am itching in my whole body. I can't sleep. When I checked my arms and back I have massive bites and it's swelling. The night guy transferred us to first floor. After 2 weeks, we checked in again at the same motel. This time, I checked the bed before lying down. To my horror I saw bugs crawling in the bed and pillows. I complained to the same jerk front desk. I told him there's bed bugs on my bed. He snapped at me and said, no, they're not bed bugs. But he transferred yes anyway. Needless to say, their rooms stink.. dog stink.

• Stayed October 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Augusta, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Medusa0120,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, unsatisfactory service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I called motel 6 corporate we'll see if anything will be done. I also called the Maine board of health and turned them in will see if anything will be done. DO NOT stay here unless you don't care about cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Augusta, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear daffodil417 - We apologize for the cleanliness issues you found during your stay. Thank you for reporting the issue to our guest relations department.

Been to Motel 6 Augusta? Share your experiences!