“Wonderful Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota
“Wonderful Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

My wife and I were forced out of our home during a recent ice storm, no power, no heat, we gave up and left. Checked into the Quality Inn and from the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough for us. We were given a 'storm rate' that saved us some money, we were allowed to use the meeting area to have our own lunch. The room was clean, neat and well equipped, a little small but more than adequate. Overall a pleasand surprise during a difficult time. Would recommend this place to everyone. Only problem, second floor room 203 next to hall way where housekeeping keeps supplies, door slamming is a little loud but otherwise all was great. Wonderful staff, good breakfast, clean and neat.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Noisy hall.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

I recently had to stay in Augusta due to bad road conditions. I work nights and needed to get undisturbed sleep for work that evening. The king size bed was the most comfortable one I've ever slept in, and I've owned one for 38 years. I felt right at home and slept like a baby.
The staff is very friendly and the breakfast is very good. Bagels, muffins, hot and cold cereal and waffles. Something for everyone.
Check it out and you'll be very happy you did.

• Liked — Very clean accomodations and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

On a recent visit to the Augusta area I was advised by my daughter who lives in the area that the Quality Inn was a beautiful facility and that our family should stay there during our Thanksgiving visit. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the accomodations were comparable to a first class hotel. The decor, furnishings and amenities were more than I had expected from the usual Quality Inn. The flat screen t.v was very nice. I especially appreciated the quality of the fixtures, the beautiful counters and shower/tub in the bathroom. In addition the bathroom was quite large with additional towels.
A very good expanded continental is served in an attractive room. The staff is friendly and did everything to please us. I would recommend this accomodation to my friends and family.

• Liked — Decor, cleanliness. quality of the furnishings
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

We live near by and have stayed in this hotel in the pass for getaways of our busy lifestyles. We have not stayed in a few years and were amazed by the makeover. The hotel looks great and still has its comfortable feel. The front staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Thanks for giving Augusta a GREAT getaway.

• Liked — Large bedroom and living room style second room with couch bed if needed for teenage or children to be separate of parents for comfort.
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

I have stayed at the Quality Inn in Augusta many times and have only high praise for the customer service, cleaniness, breakfast, workout room and willingness to help in any way. Thank you to all staff for your courtesy and friendliness.

• Liked — customer service
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Watertown, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Past experience has taught me that Quality Inns are often unpredictable. Imagine my surprise when I walked in and found a lobby area that rivals most 5-star hotels (think Crown Plaza and the like). Very high-end feel and professional staff - once again, you never know what to expect but the staff was first-class, almost expected a bellhop in a red coat to hold the door for me and carry my luggage. I stayed in an "executive" room; I guess they did some recent renovations and they did it right. Flat screen tvs, lots of room, comfortable beds and very quiet. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a world renowned concert violinist was staying here for the week and overheard her practicing one afternoon. What a great treat!

Would definitely return here - had a nice breakfast the next morning . . . even was able to make my own waffles (which I certainly didn't expect). It was a refreshing change of pace from the usual "budget-type" hotels.

• Liked — Luxury hotel cleverly disguised as a budget hotel.
  • Disliked — A lounge would have been nice.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
TEAMMAINE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

My wife and I had to stay at a hotel recently while our house was being worked on and we stayed at the Quality Inn in Augusta because it was recently remodelled and looked really nice on the outside. We stayed in one of the new rooms on the 3rd floor because we wanted a bigger room, and man, I'm telling you this place is REALLY nice! We recently stayed in a fancy hotel in New York City and the "executive" rooms at the Quality Inn were bigger and better!
Before we left I checked the other kinds of rooms they for when we have family visiting and it's almost like this is two hotels in one. The first and second floor has the original "standard" rooms which are smaller and have doors to the outside. They were nice and clean and I guess cost less than the new 3rd floor rooms and suites that are all interior. Best of both worlds I guess - something for folks looking to save bucks and something for people who like the "finest". We paid a reasonable rate for our new room though. No question which way I'd go.
The lobby and breakfast area are all redone brand new too - really top notch, and the people are very friendly at the front desk. We'll definitely send our friends and family to the Quality Inn & Suites when they visit.

• Liked — new room
  • Disliked — nothing that I can think of!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel? Share your experiences!