“Continues to improve” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 90 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
“Continues to improve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'm not all that keen on chain restaurants, and when I had my first meal at Ruby Tuesday's four years ago I was not impressed with the overall experience. However, I do return after some time to try the fare again, unless the first visit was a total train wreck. As for Ruby Tuesday in Auburn, I have actually returned four times since and, in each case, the experience had improved each time. This last visit was rather good. We went on a Friday night and were seated at a two person booth. I kind of liked that as it made things cozy. Our waitress served us a pair of small biscuits that that were decent. My wife and I ordered identical meals, the Smoky Mountain Chicken with white cheddar mashed potatoes and a salad bar. The salad bar was clean and each item appeared to be at least half full and fresh looking. Aside from the standard garden salad I also took a scoop of potato salad and broccoli slaw. Everything tasted fresh. The slaw was very good, the potato salad was fine and the greens in the garden salad were crisp and colorful. I tried the croutons which were made from brown bread, crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. Those were a miss for me. The Italian dressing was all right, but not zesty enough. As for the meal, the chicken was prepared well enough that it was still juicy. It was topped with cheddar and bacon along with BBQ sauce. A bit too much sauce, but still tasty. There were plenty of potatoes and they tasted good. Our waitress was attentive but not overbearing. Overall, not bad. A decent meal at a decent price and no dishes for us to wash on a Friday night. Keep up the good work Ruby Tuesday.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Harpswell, Maine
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had lunch here on 30 March 2013. happy with the food and the service. I had the Smokey Mt Chicken, others with me had ny strip steak and salmon florintine. Used 25% off coupon from Internet e-mail.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Maine
“Great all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Met a friend for lunch here and had a great experience! They had just updated their menu 2 days before but our waiter seemed to know what he was talking about. Food was great. It was a busy afternoon but service was quick.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Maine
“Nice Salad Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love the salad bar. The sandwiches and entrees have always been above average. The waitstaff is friendly, too.

Visited May 2012
New Gloucester, Maine
“Great Salad Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great salad bar but I definitely wish they had more local micro-brews on tap. Their food is better than most chain restaurants.

Visited January 2013