“Low-quality fast food.” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Fridays
Auburn
“Low-quality fast food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Take it from a local, you're better off spending your hard earned money elsewhere if you can afford to.

The previous reviewer is correct, its a typical chain restaurant. The food is generally bland or at most just nothing special, and most items on the menu are anything but fresh and and nuked warm.

Business is very on and off, unpredictable as mentioned. Staff is a toss up, your experience can dramatically vary. I have had very accommodating, knowledgeable, and friendly servers, notably Jake, Kelly, Michelle, a darker haired tan woman, and a younger lady, brunette and very short, whose name I cannot recall. They have had several changes in staff and I no longer see Michelle or the two brunettes. And these changes have not been for the better. I have also had nightmare experiences with servers who were short with us, condescending, and/or forgetful. Their hosts have also been switched out rather quickly, and I preferred the previous ones.

More often than not, I am found in the bar because one of the more redeeming qualities is the amount of bar specials. You would also be amazed what one can witness while at the bar. The kitchen can be seen, and you can often here what is to be said by the staff to each other. When there is a rush, you can often here a particular long-time cook grumbling out back. And don't those bartenders say the damnedest things when they don't know who is listening! With that being said, Whitney and Kat are my preferred bartenders. Not only are they good with customers, I have also been able to witness bartender interaction with the servers, and these two know how to keep it friendly.

Overall, I'd put Fridays right along with Buffalo Wild Wings. Edible bar food, but nothing is exciting or above your everyday fast food quality. If I wasn't such a creature of habit, I would relocate to Applebee's, or Ninety-Nine.

• Visited February 2013