“Excellent stay - probably best hotel on site” 4 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Idstein, Germany
“Excellent stay - probably best hotel on site”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed at the Garden Inn River Watch several times since April 2011.

Staff are excellent, everyone goes out of their way to help.

Everything is neat and clean; good fitness room.

Breakfast is very good, too.

Would recommend this hotel over any other one at Auburn, including Lewiston.

Location is directly by the Androscoggin River with nice view of the falls. Also near to pubs and banks in the center of Aburn

• Stayed October 2011
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We certainly are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff works extremely hard to ensure outstanding service, clean rooms and good food. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope you will be able to visit us again soon!

scott.mckenney@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Skowhegan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Very beautiful view of the river from our room. Very nice accommodations and helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Request a river view room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your kind words regarding our accomodations and staff! I would have to agree that our location next to the Androscoggin River and the view of the Great Falls is amazing. It is quite a site to see how much water actually flows off of the falls!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Lewiston/Auburn area.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My son and I drove up from Philadephia to attend my nephew's wedding on Friday, Oct. 7, 2011. The reception was being held at the Hilton Garden Inn and so the wedding party and all of us decided to stay there. It was wonderful! Everything about the hotel and reception ( food, service, presentation, etc) was done to perfection. I'm sure everyone had a memorable time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
We are certainly glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time at your nephew's wedding! We were glad to have been a part of his special day and we are so happy to hear that everyone enjoyed the food and the event!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We hope that you will be able to visit us again on your next trip to Maine!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

First off, I want to point out that I am a Diamond Elite member of the Hilton Hotels and spend 3-5 nights a week at a Hilton branded hotel. I want to share two experiences here, both corporate reservations.
The first time I stayed was in the spring, and I was offered a room at $189 a night. Maybe slightly higher than I usually see at a Garden Inn, but it was fine. Room was great, as usual. Good location in downtown Auburn.
The next time I was in Auburn, (August) I went straight for this Garden Inn. Judging by parking space, the hotel was not very full. First off, I was told a basic room would be $289 a night. Honestly? It's your average Garden Inn. Nothing special here, folks. Then, upon reviewing my identification, the girl at the counter told me she was unable to offer me a room because I am under 21, as per state law.
I am still outraged. This Garden Inn turned away a Diamond Elite honors member, professional on business, and a returning customer, WITH FALSE INFORMATION. Maine has no such law.

Good luck filling your hotel with that kind of policy. I hope the staff here is properly evaluated by Hilton corporate.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear Mr. Wild,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch. Your commitment to Hilton Hotels is admirable and certainly is appreciated!

I am glad that upon your first visit with us you found both our rooms and location to be great! Our staff works hard to ensure that we offer clean, comfortable rooms to our guests.

I can certainly understand your frustration upon your second visit! It certainly appears to have been a misunderstanding upon your arrival! It is always our goal to offer world class service and it is feedback such as yours that allows us to fine tune our skills!

I have personally reviewed your post with our staff to clarify our policies regarding guests under 21 to ensure that we are accurately conveying the correct information to our guests.

Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback! I hope upon your next visit to the Auburn area you will give us a second chance to provide you with the service that you deserve!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Guilford, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We had a great stay during the balloon festival because of the helpful staff (Sara) during check in. I had made a reservation on line and had a mishap with the reservation site changing the date of arrival to the date I made the reservation instead of the date we wanted to arrive. Sara helped direct me on getting it fixed and had a room for us when the ordeal was over. We had a room near the elevator and for the most part it was quite peaceful. The stay was wonderful and the location is great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel!

I am glad you were able to enjoy our convenient location and room amenities! We are certainly lucky to enjoy some incredible views of the Great Falls! We take great pride in our guest rooms and we are happy that you enjoyed your room and the amenities (especially the big Flat Screen!)

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to your next visit to Auburn!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This was a typical Hilton Garden Inn but it had a great location, right on the river right below the falls. Unfortunately, our room faced the parking lot, so we could see the falls only from outside the hotel. It is right downtown and several restaurants were just a block or two away.

The beds were very comfortable, but only doubles, not queens. There also was a very comfortable sitting chair and ottoman as well as a fantastic quality work chair for the desk. There was a refrigerator/microwave/safe unit. Very nice. There was a large flatscreen TV. The room was nicely decorated. The shower was excellent and the bathroom had all the amenities we needed.

The free breakfast was excellent. There was a buffet with several choice of hot items plus all the usual cold items. There also was cooked to order hot items, also included for free. Service was excellent.

The pool was one of the smallest hotel pools I have ever seen, just good for wading. But it was indoors and heated, and there was a hot tub, so it was pleasant. There is a business center with two computers for guests.

All in all, this is a very good place to stay in Lewiston/Auburn. I was a bit surprised that it cost $170. This is not a tourist area. But it was a very pleasant hotel so it's not a bad value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Concord, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

The Bad: If only it wasn't the weekend of the Firemen's Ball! Who would have known. We went for a low key weekend with family. Arriving at 3:30 with a 4 pm check in has never been a problem in any other hotel in any other town. We arrived to a full lobby of guests waiting for rooms. They had a large function and no clean rooms. I watched as all the firefighters were getting into their rooms while the rest of us waited and waited. At no time did the front desk apologize or say I'm sorry or offer any suggestions. They were clearly overwhelmed and understaffed and didn't know how work with the guests in this situation. The pool was too cold to swim in. The pool isn't as big as it looks in the pictures. We received a room at 5:15 and we went up with all our stuff only to walk in on a family who was already checked into the room. Horrors. Scared the kids.
The Good: The hotel is located next to a very pretty set of falls. It is pretty and clean. After asking for it, the staff tried to make good and gave us a gift basket and complimentary breakfast. I don't ever ever ask, but this was a nightmare that needed something to cheer us up. We lost two hours of family time on a very short visit because of this.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
ConcordNHLadyRider,

I would like to personally thank you for your review! I completely emphathize with your frustration. I am glad that we were able to recover from what was certainly a hectic check in experience! Such mass check ins are not typical at the property and were certainly unexpected in this instance! Please know that service, cleanliness of our rooms, and the security of our guests are of utmost concern to us! I have reviewed your comments with my staff to ensure that we continue to deliver the service that you expect and deserve. I am happy you were able to enjoy the view of the Great Falls during your stay and I hope that we will have an opportunity to serve you and your family again soon! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of furtther assistance.

scott.mckenney@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch? Share your experiences!