“FAIR VISIT” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 20 hotels in Alexandria
Mobile, Alabama, United States
“FAIR VISIT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were driving home from Dallas and decided to come through Alexandria. I did not like the town at all. We ended up at Quality Inn. It was clean and average as hotels go. However the night clerk who checked us in showed us a lot of consideration and help.

I would stay here again... if it were not in Alexandria....LA

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

One thing travelers need to keep in mind when looking and reading through endless reviews is - what am I paying for this particular hotel? Okay - so Quality Inn is not at the same level as the Comfort Inn - we've stayed in both right here in Alexandria. Well, as of the date of this writing (1/28/13) the price was a whopping $40/night difference for the same, King room. This is now the second time we've come to Alexandria where we've had to purchase two rooms due to my step-daughter and granddaughter coming with my wife and I - no way we 'old folks' are going to deal with a rambunctious 2-yr-old that loves to stay up to the wee hours of the morning! So, when we're talking about TWO rooms - the savings add up.

Now, for the room/etc. The outside of the hotel is definitely sub-par, if you're trying to compare to the high-dollar joints. Go figure...again, price, price, price....okay? Our room was very nice - no problems with the exception that the alarm clock was broken. I plugged it in and tried to set the time..it seemed to 'take' for about 2 minutes then it went bonkers. Also, it was the only thing in the room that was absolutely filthy. The top of it had grunge so thick I could scrape it off with my nail. YUCK! To their credit I did not call the front desk and request another clock as it was late, we were exhausted and we didn't really need the clock. Also to their credit when I checked out I let the front desk gal (Summer) know about the grungy/broken clock and she informed me their manager had JUST pointed that out to the staff and instructed them to get a Q-Tip type swab and go over every one of them in every room to clean them up. Is she telling the truth? The next reviewer that stays there will have to let us all know.

"Continental Breakfast" at this place is their signature waffles you make with their iron (YUMMY!), cold cereals, biscuits and sausages, juices, coffee, and pastries. I was told they would have hard-boiled eggs but didn't see that...I may have just missed them. No fruit.

Thing is, for $80 (2x $40 per room) we could have gone to a plethora of restaurants and gotten a better hot breakfast if we would have wanted it. All in all I DO recommend this economic solution for those that can't swing the mega-bucks it costs to stay at the high-end hotels.

Bed was a bit too firm for our tastes but that's a personal choice and I know that. Also, the room smelled very 'funny'

Room Tip: We stayed on the side that faced Ryan's Steakhouse and have to admit that seemed a little safer...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

The staff were very helpful(Stephanie and George ). For an older hotel, they have done a great job remodeling it. Our room had some moisture issues ( bubbled paint , but untold the front desk and was assured it would be handled.

• Stayed July 2012
Zachary, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had no issues with the staff or the property. Room was clean and in great condition.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Arrived at 1AM and clerk had to go "check our room", 20 minutes later she gave us a room key. In the room we had ONE bar of soap and ONE washcloth. The next morning the clerk told me that the night clerk accidentally charged my card an extra time. Only to find out that she actually had charged my card an extra THREE times. Customer relations proceeded to tell me what I NEED to do to rectify the situation. So for me Quality hotel gets an F for value and Choice Hotels get an F for customer service.

• Stayed June 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

On Arrival to hotel Outside was nice But when we went to room 107, it had a Musty Odor carpet with stain and room needed paint. Immediately wanted to leave, Told by desk personel if we leave that we would still be charged for the room althought we hadn't hadn't wanted to to stay. We couldn't believe this this because we thought the rooms acording to the photos we saw on line was nice but was deceiving. Just arrived from New Orleans and was tired.who could afford to pay for this room and still go some place else and pay again so we felt was forced to stay. He offered another room 121, which was better than the last one, odor was better, other also smelled of smoke, but curtains had small holes in them but We stayed. We also was suppose to get W SENIORS RATE which he was able to make the adjustment finally. We wanted to cancel our 2nd night and told we needed 24hr notice well the 2nd night would have been 24hr. Don't understand why. Next morning ,continental breakfast was our only high light, BUT when we left at 11:30am and returned after 6PM our room had not been cleaned, maybe they was upset with us,called front desk and was told housekeepers was gone and asked if we had a Do Not disturb on our door, informed NO that there are no signs in room to put out,we were moved to room 122,which later discivered phone did not work, no dial tone to call out. tried to call to get wakeup call, had to call front desk with my cell phone. the phone was taken and returned working.We also had problem with keys not working.our key stopped working and we wanted to check to make sure we had everything but couldn't check then either. It was SO EXAUSTING!! We was in Alexandria for a family member funeral. Called next day to see if my Kodak Easy Share Digital camera was found, was told to call later after 2pm when the housekeepers could check locked room., after 2pm. done. when call Ann said she would call me back, did not call me so I called her. she said no one turned one in and if found would call. TERRBLE 1st. visit to this Qualit Inn. I will Never Ever Return or Recommend this location!!!

Room Tip: Can't beleive photos on line of rooms, to us it was deceiving! Take a chance and check room bef...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Pros: The room was clean, and breakfast was good. Morning staff was nice.

Cons: Plumbing was needed, the evening clerk was very unpleasant, the toilet clogged, and the bathtub did not drain well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!