“Just Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
missouri
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

For $100.00 a night, I expected more. All by itself in sort of a residential area. Nice looking brick building on the outside. Interior shows more age. Freshly painted stairwell which they took no care in painting as there was paint splatters on the floor and base boards. On to the room. Bed was pretty comfortable. Sheer curtain on the window with no heavier shade to pull over it, so light shown in at night. The bathroom light and exhaust fan all on one switch and fan was very noisy. Toilet ran for a long time after flushing and also noisy. No shampoo or soap in the room - had to ask front desk. Breakfast was okay - typical. Did have blueberry and original waffle mix which was nice change. Lady taking care of the breakfast area was super nice and friendly. Basically, thought it was over-priced. Most hotels were booked in the area and all were pretty high-priced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed one night at the Comfort Inn in Alexandria, Louisiana. This hotel was newly renovated and very clean and comfortable! The front desk clerk was oustanding. I believe her name was Summer. She was so friendly and helpful. It's good to see a smiling face when your in a town your not familar with. She gladly explained where all the good restaurants were at. We will be back and only stay at this hotel when we visit Alexandria just because of her. :-)

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife, step-daughter and her 2-yr old found ourselves making a mad-dash trip to Alexandria for a family emergency. Six hours and over 300 miles later we arrived quite tired and stressed out. We didn't even know for sure where we would be staying the night - would it be with family or would we need to find a hotel? At the last minute we decided the hotel idea would be easier on our over-stressed family and I set out to find a Comfort Suite/Inn and locked in on this hotel.

Coming unannounced I was unsure if we'd find two rooms close to each other and the front desk had to do some digging to find this but it was a success. Both rooms were comfortable, clean and had plenty of light, wall outlets (I have medical equipment I must run at night and I've been frustrated in other hotels when I found both sockets used by the bedside equipment - this hotel went the extra mile to put surge protectors/power strips on each side of the bed) and no bugs! Since bedbugs are a big problem nationwide this is something worth checking into before staying the night...this one appeared to be clean of bugs in both rooms.

Early morning breakfast was, as in my previous stays at other Comfort Suites, excellent. This isn't your run-of-the-mill pastry's and juice - this is a full breakfast with some of the most awesome waffles you've ever had, scrambled eggs, sausage, various cold-cereals, etc. I knew it'd be a long day ahead of us so I had my share plus probably another person's and was well filled and quite content when we left. We are members of Choice Privileges so late check-out was another bonus we took advantage of and fit our schedule for the day perfectly.

One more bonus: They have wall thermostats that control the window air conditioner. So many hotels I've been to do not have this and the pathetic thermostat on the air conditioner itself is not representative of the temperature of the room - thus you either freeze or roast. The wall-term allowed us to set the temp of the entire room instead of the air right in front of the AC alone. Again, nice feature and nice way to take the traveler's COMFORT into consideration!

Well done (again) Comfort!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Leroy, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed one night at this Comfort Inn in Alexandria. This is a nice, clean and comfortable place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. However, depending on what you are planning to do in Alexandria, the location may be a little out or the way We would stay here again if in the area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Was staying here for business. Hotel updated and rooms very comfortable. It is close to the airport and right off and convenient to the main drag. The price is right. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Stayed here in January 2012 for 1 night. I usually stay down the street in the La Quinta. I don't know what possessed me to try this hotel, just for a change I guess. The reviews on this hotel are pretty accurate. The place smells like a drum of air freshener was dumped in the hallways. I think this hotel need to be remodeled now. WiFi was just adequate. The room and bathroom was fairly clean. The staff were all very nice. Breakfast was just OK. I think I'll stay down the street in the La Quinta from now on.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

As Hotels go, This Comfort Inn is a Good place to get a good nights sleep. They are doing some work on the place but it was clean and worked for my need for one night. Afternoon and Morning Desk Clerks were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!