“My stay at this Ramada Inn was comfortable and average. The...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Alexandria

Save Saved
You added Ramada Alexandria to your Saves list
Ramada Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   742 MacArthur Dr, I-49 Exit 86, Alexandria, LA 71303 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lafayette, La. 70506
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I liked the room very much and the room was very clean. The location was good and the service was great. The check in and out time was okay. The breakfast menu was good and the food was great. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

patricia n, General Manager at Ramada Alexandria, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am truly sorry for you difficulties during your stay. Please know that we have met with the staff regarding the service issues. We hope that you will give us another chance to change your opinion of our hotel.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I strongly recommend that you carefully conceal everything of value when you leave the room or take it with you. We stayed three nights. My husband's cologne disappeared from the top of the dresser while we were out of the room during the morning hours. Only he and I (and the housekeeping staff) had been in the room that day. The hotel manager was very defensive of her employees and insinuated that we fabricated the story. However, a representative of the holding company that owns Ramada Alexandria and the Super 8 called us after we returned home, offered a very nice apology and reimbursed the charges for our stay which almost covered the cost of the cologne. The front desk personnel, the security guard, and the gentleman who pulls the linens were all very personable. However, I would recommend customer service training for the general manager, the cleaning lady, and the housekeeping manager. The breakfast spread was quite impressive in appearance considering the hotel rate, but we ate at the conference we were attending. The bed mattress was very comfortable, and although there were some faint stains, I felt that the linens were clean. A couple of the pillows should be replace though. The bathroom and vanity areas were clean but not replenished adequately after the first day. We had to make special requests for toilet tissue and clean towels (even after leaving dirty ones on the floor as instructed). The vanity soap was taken and not replaced but we just made do with the one from the shower. Water pressure and temperature, air conditioning, fridge, microwave and lamps all worked fine for us. We presumed someone had smoked in the room at some point because we detected a strange odor, Being an upstairs room, maybe it had leaked during a hard rain. Ramada Inns are part of the Wyndam group so you earn reward points, but they are franchises and individually owned. You cannot count on standards being upheld consistently from hotel to hotel. My husband will never again make a reservation based on the reputation of a brand name without checking reviews first.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room in the very back section and did not have any issues with noise of any type.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am truly sorry for your difficulties that you experienced during your stay. Please know that we have held a meeting with our staff regarding the issues at hand. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to change your opinion of our hotel.

Been to Ramada Alexandria? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Alexandria

Address: 742 MacArthur Dr, I-49 Exit 86, Alexandria, LA 71303 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)
Location: United States > Louisiana > Alexandria
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada Alexandria 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Ramada Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Alexandria Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Alexandria, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.