“great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Alexandria

You added Ramada Alexandria to your Saves list
Ramada Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   742 MacArthur Dr, I-49 Exit 86, Alexandria, LA 71303 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
NEW IBERIA
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

staff very friendly, housekeepers are great, room clean for most part, airconditioners need to be updated

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

s8macarthur, General Manager at Ramada Alexandria, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your nice comment. Its good to hear. I will tell my staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Homewood, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We reserved our room 2 months ahead of time as we were going to be in the area for a family reunoin and anniversary celebration. I called when I saw a rate of $53 a night plus tax on line. I reserved it at that rate with the reservation desk. Our total with tax was to be about $293 for our entire stay. When we arrived I went to check in and the man at the desk gave me a rate of $65 plus tax for a total of $375! I decided to only pay for one night and got my key to my room and then try to call the main Ramada customer service number. When I called the 800 I was told that I would have to speak with the front desk as the customer service rep had no control over what this property was charging. We went to the room and upon opening the door we were greeted with a very unpleasant smell of floral and powder. I turned on the A/C to try to combat the smell. Then I heard water running - the toilet wouldn't stop running. We went back up to the desk and spoke with the same guy who checked us in and told him about the rate. I showed him the rate we booked at (on my phone email) and he shrugged his shoulders and said he couldn't match it because it was an "online" price. I told him I didn't want it matched - I wanted the rate I reserved it at! He said I should have reserved it online if I wanted that price - calling could only reserve it at the current rate. This is insane. What is the point of a reservation (I have the email resevation also) I was so upset - I decided this was the only night I was going to stay here. Went back to the room - the carpet was burnt from someone ironing on the floor - the refrigerator was balancing on a stack of wet then dried newspaper as it was wobbly - the microwave timer light was broken so you couldn't tell how long you were using it for - the mirror was removed from the bathroom door and hung on the wall and the door was never repainted where the mirror was - the shower rod was falling out of the wall causing the curtain to slide to the center allowing water to spray on the floor - the towel rack above the toilet was pulling out of the wall - the coffee maker plug had the grounding pin pulled out - it leaked all over the counter (can you say electrocution?) - the tv was snowy and outdated.
We checked out the next morning and decided to stay with relatives in a motor home the rest of our time in Alexandria.
Not the vacation we had anticipated. This place was disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to have the Ramada name!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
s8macarthur, General Manager at Ramada Alexandria, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I am sorry about yout rate but you made the reservation directly with the hotel at the rate that you paid. You probably could have gotten a different rate on line. But I appreciate your business
and am sorry about the confusion. Please come to see us again
Winnsboro, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

made my reservations at a different hotel & on arrival i saw a roach got the clerk to give me a different room and wasnt any better. storming outside so we sat in the vehicle waiting for the rain to slack up i managed to find reservations at the Ramada at a rate of $60.00 searching on hotels.com. thank you Jesus!!!! i called and confirmed but it was 5am by this time and still too early to check in so buy now we have spent the night in my vehicle. my daughter at 5ft 10in. is tossing and turning & really getting uncomfortable in there. after weather cleared up i went to the front desk and checked out. . i went to the clerk @ the ramada and asked if there was any way we could check in early. i explained the circumstances. what a God send. she let us check in early and the staff have just been excellent. with me focusing on trying to get us in a decent motel i completely ignored the weather. i knew it was raining and the wind was bad but i had no clue how bad. it had blown pieces of the metal trim on the roof and front of the ramada off during storm. thank you so much Kizzy for having some compassion and caring for others. Kizzy and Theresa were very polite at the front desk and helpful. Mrs. Pat,this little lady is so polite. she has such a sense of humor,, she worked herself to a tizzy trying to get the charges for the first motel off my account on top of all the motel damage she was trying to make sure the workers got fixed. i see workers constantly working on something. keeping a motel up is a constant battle. but i also saw if you have something broken in your room by chance tell Mrs. Pat & she will get someone to fix it pretty darn quick. this is not a NEW hotel but it is taken care of. i plan to stay here any time i am in alexandria.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your nice comments. Its good to hear those every now and then. We do try hard to accomodate and guest and take care of any problems that may occur during your stay.
We appreciate your business and hope to see you soon
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were on a road trip and needed a place to stay over night. This place had decent reviews but when we went their this place is overrated. This place is an equivalent to a motel 6 with breakfast. I thought Ramada's were nice and the reason we paid a little extra to stay there. If I were to do it again I would stay more off of the highway. The breakfast was good, there was waffle and juice. The carpet in the rooms felt sticky. Not sure if it was me or the bed but I got bite by bed bugs. This place just needs a lot of renovating. The room was quiet only because we were in the way back which was scary if you arrive at midnight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and we do appreciate your business and can assure you no bed bugs here. Breakfast is always good. Hope to see you soon
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Ramada is an inexpensive motel along a stretch of bypass dominated by motels, most of which are twice the price of the Ramada. Don't spend $120-40 at the new motels; the Ramada can give you what you need at less than half the price.The staff is friendly and the sausage gravy is wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
s8macarthur, General Manager at Ramada Alexandria, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice comments. WE strive hard to make our hotel affordable and get a great breakfast. I think we are doing that. Hope to see you again soon
Duncan, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

we were here one night, room we were in was shabby, carpert very worn. Price too high for condition. Bfast was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
WE are hoping to will be upgraded soon. I really think our rooms are in great shape and I know they are very clean. Hope to see you soon.
madisonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night while I had two booked.. --- While I booked it 2 -3 months in advance & had pre-paid to get the discount, I still was not able to get the room I reserved. We needed two beds & got a king bed with a sofa bed so we checked out the next day & moved to Courtyard which was nice but double price..Ramada was quiet & clean & cheap.... If you are on a budget & need a cheap clean room for a night or two, you should be able to handle this...... If you can afford a little more, I would... It is close to a lot of fast food places.. It was nicer a few years ago -- Don't think they have done a lot to upgrade...

Room Tip: clean & cheap & quiet