“Awful” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 20 hotels in Alexandria
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at econo lodge in Alexandria, la. All our rooms smelled really bad, the cleanliness was so bad we had to go and purchase Lysol to disinfect our rooms. The website was much nicer than in person.

• Stayed April 2013

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

i & my wife checked-in at 12(midnight) found front desk very active, fast, heplfull and really good at english. we got surprised to see this, then next morning breakfast was great, really impressed. rooms were clean, freshly smelled..etc.

rooms are fully renovated with lcd and micro-fridge in it

all the employee working at econolodge were hardworking....

good stay and planning to visit soon.

Room Tip: 3rd building downstaris rooms are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was with my family,stayed @this motelit was ok for one night room was clean and good.in the morning afer having a breakfast i forget my camera and laptop in the lobby .we were searching for it and than we thought why not we call hotel,the f.d told us to call nextday so again we called next day to our surprise manager said he had it and collecy any time we like honesty.I recomend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bourbon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I will simply state that this is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in!
We had to change rooms several times because they smelled like animal urine and things were broken and falling apart. The picture on the site was misleading to say the least. Broken windows, doors, and equipment made my wife feel very unsecured. It was dirty and not well maintained at all. Prices advertised online and advertised on the sign didn't match. They wouldn't honor their advertised price of $45 so I had to pay $20 more per night only because all other area hotels were full.
On a positive note, the beds were clean and comfortable but I would not recommend this hotel unless it was the last place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Terrible service. The room assigned was already being used. The receptionist had to call a manager that never answered, ended up giving us a handicapped smoking suite, with a Broken glass, broken sofa, no soap or shampoo. The light fixtures were down.

On the second room the mold was horrible and also found rat droppings. No options to move from this room. Ended up living the place asap next door hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I just stayed here last weekend, and my family and I had a great stay here. The pictures are outdated I am going to try to upload a few, once I get time. But the place is completely renovated, they have flat screens and everything new in the room. They had a great hot breakfast which saved me alot of money. My kids loved the hot waffles they made themselves. Overall I was very happy with my room and the staff was very friendly. The GM even let us have a late checkout cause we were late getting back from the Zoo. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alvarado, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

First, was woke up from 2 people fighting in the parking lot, then matters went down hill.
noticed that the door was not completly closed, about a 1/2 at the bottom half of door. Had to
put a shoe on window to keep the curtain to stay closed.
Morning the coffe pot would not work, went to front desk and they didn't even have coffee at the breakfast shop. Didn't know when they would, then no hot water to take shower. They couldn't
get any one to check, the maintance person didn't come to work till 10:00 a.m. the sheet didn't even fit the bed correctly.
The morning clerk was not helpful at all, didn't seem to care, and when I checked out the man at the desk was worst. I told him every thing that happen, and he could have cared less.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!