“Run away from here, if possible” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
“Run away from here, if possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Terrible service. The room assigned was already being used. The receptionist had to call a manager that never answered, ended up giving us a handicapped smoking suite, with a Broken glass, broken sofa, no soap or shampoo. The light fixtures were down.

On the second room the mold was horrible and also found rat droppings. No options to move from this room. Ended up living the place asap next door hotel.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I just stayed here last weekend, and my family and I had a great stay here. The pictures are outdated I am going to try to upload a few, once I get time. But the place is completely renovated, they have flat screens and everything new in the room. They had a great hot breakfast which saved me alot of money. My kids loved the hot waffles they made themselves. Overall I was very happy with my room and the staff was very friendly. The GM even let us have a late checkout cause we were late getting back from the Zoo. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alvarado, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

First, was woke up from 2 people fighting in the parking lot, then matters went down hill.
noticed that the door was not completly closed, about a 1/2 at the bottom half of door. Had to
put a shoe on window to keep the curtain to stay closed.
Morning the coffe pot would not work, went to front desk and they didn't even have coffee at the breakfast shop. Didn't know when they would, then no hot water to take shower. They couldn't
get any one to check, the maintance person didn't come to work till 10:00 a.m. the sheet didn't even fit the bed correctly.
The morning clerk was not helpful at all, didn't seem to care, and when I checked out the man at the desk was worst. I told him every thing that happen, and he could have cared less.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Houma, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I took pictures to report this hotel. Smelled of urine when I walked in the room. Tub faucet poured water out. Toilet handle was broken. The outlets in the room were out of the wall. There were not sheets, covers, or pillows on one of the beds and when I asked for some they wouldnt go get some for me. Hotel in general was very dirty.Room smelled dirty. It was about 11 at night when we got there and were extremly tired from traveling so that is why we did not leave. One of the beds was fairly comfy but there other was as hard as a rock. We didnt even take a bath in the morning we just got up and left. It was absolutly horrible. I would not my dog to ever even stay here again. The A/C unit did not work properly in either rooms so we were a little warm all night. For the 150 that we paid we expected atleast a little more cleanlinest and helpfulness. Who ever gives the hotel good reviews has no expectaions. Next time I will listen to the reviews. Also I am not that hard to please but this was totally unexeptable.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 205 for sure
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here back in march, and had nothing good to say about this hotel, I should have listened to myself. It is run down, the staff does not care, the pool was green, the toilet seat was about to fall off, there was used linen in the bathroom, TV remote did not work and they had no others, maint said the would come program mine but that never happened. I had to go to the front desk for an ashtray for my smoking room, but they had none. I had to unplug the light because the switch was broken, Stay FAR FAR away from this hotel, maybe if they don't get any business they will close it down and bulldoze it, as it needs to be!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thibodaux, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

WOW,I will never sty at this place again NO MATTER WHAT. Rented 3 rooms for friday and saturday night,for a softball tourney as this was the "host"hotel. Upon going into our rooms noticed it was very hot in lobby which should have been a sign. Went into our room to a temp of at least 90,when they said the ac was put on earlier which was a lie because it was off,after unpacking a few things we went join friends at the poolside for a few drinks,noticed pool was VERY dirty and hadnt been cleaned in forever. Went back to room to retrieve some plying cards to discover key wouldnt let me in room,wellI found out why key didnt work,it was because the dorr to the room wouldnt locked,so went get a different room and that one was worse than before it stunk,sheets were dirty,shower was filthy and the heater blew colder air than the ac,so we took our chances in room with door that didnt lock. Breakfast was TERRIBLE,waffle machine didnt work,milk was 2 weeks past due,cereal stale. We had to wait or 5 hours to get clean towels,id rather sleep in a ditch than waste another penny sleeping at this hole in the wall dump. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY THE PICTURES MUST BE FROM A PLACE FAR FAR AWAY.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Zachary, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We walked in to rent a room and they allowed us to view the room before we rented and we loved it at firs sight. However, looks are soooooo deceiving. The phone did not work. We needed more towels for the pool, and the front desk told us they had NO extra towels. Once we were ready for bed, we were getting the pull out couch ready for the kids and there was a pillow and blanket, no sheets. So we again had to go to the front desk to ask for sheets, becuase the phone was out. She proceeds to tell us that they had NO sheets. Thank goodness the MAINTENANCE,(not housekeeping) man was there and he corrected her, and he brought us some. THere was no remote for the second TV, in the suite. The bed was very comfortable (the only plus). Once the kids woke up they proceeded to let us know that had roaches in their bathroom during the night......yeah, roaches. Dont waste your money.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a king suite. They used the adjoining room to the main room and took the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!