“Okay for 1 night” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1146 MacArthur Drive, Alexandria, LA 71303-3122 (Formerly Days Inn Alexandria)   |
Ranked #15 of 20 hotels in Alexandria
Idabel, Oklahoma
“Okay for 1 night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

My husband and stopped for the night during a long drive and it was reasonable. We paid $62 for a room with a king bed. The mattresses were old and needed replaced, the bathroom smelled a bit and was overall shabby. It was clean and that was important. The pool was nice but could've used a cleaning. The desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating as the first room we were given had a broken a/c. She got us another room with no problems.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
KB P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear Traveler,

We changed this Days Inn into Americas Best Value Inn in July, 2011. We have made numerous changes and are continuing to do so. We invite you to come and stay with us and experience our hospitality and our new brand.

Management

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010 via mobile

This place is nasty we stayed there for 30 min after checking in and noticing little bugs in the bed after pulling the sheets back! I have no idea what they were but any bugs in the bed with you while sleeping is beyound disgusting! We got a refund from the office and went to Ramada Inn which was the same price as Days Inn but A LOT better.

• Stayed July 2010
Cedar City, UT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

First of all, Hotwire needs to get a clue and not rate this as a 2 star. Second, this property is poorly maintained, extremely unkempt and not desirable in the least. Despite making it clear that there was 3 in the room in my reservation with Hotwire, charged me an additional $22.00 to have a room with 2 beds, clearly a violation of the Hotwire rules (I'm not holding my breath on Hotwire giving me that money back. Anyway, my stay will be over in 10 hours and I'll be on my way...but buyer beware....and shame on Hotwire for its misrepresentation.

• Liked — It has wireless...which enables me to write this less-than-flattering review
  • Disliked — Nearly everything.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

Rusty railings, uneven walkways, dirty bathroom, roaches, loud neighbors beating their kids, a car broken into - We had to wait for the cops to finish interviewing the victim to check in.

We only stayed in the room 2 hours, and had to leave. For this, we were not given a refund.

This was through PRICELINE. Someone needs to have their butt kicked for booking people at this dump!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Not getting my damn money back!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Pontiac, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

I bought the room through Priceline and knew first off that I didn't want to stay there, as I was born in this small town and know about this motel. They were not accomodating, only offered me a King bed, while I had a husband and two children in tow. Asked for a roll away and they refused to give it to us, finally around midnight after my husband wouldn't leave the window (can't get in lobby after 9) they "found" us a roll away. They didn't clean the bathroom from the previous guest, as their toiletries were still in there. Black mold in shower and windows. Mildew through out and pillows smelled of urine. This is a no star hotel. Paid for 4 nights, stayed for 1 and got a room at the Best Western across the street. No complaints there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2005

After driving around a bit in Alexandria, my husband and I found the Days Inn. Very reasonable rate, at $48, plus tax for a non-smoking room with king bed. The pool was very pleasant, if small, and we enjoyed a morning swim. The pool is located away from the road, surrounded by the parking lot.

The room was large. Besides the standard window next to the door, there was a window at the far end of the room above an alcove, which served as a nice, sunny sitting area. The bathroom had a shower, no bath, but was very clean and new looking. Complete with a micro/fridge, extended cable with 98 channels, free local calls, free USA Today, alarm clock, two night stands, and a round table near the door, the room felt wonderful after driving around all day.

The hotel is in a stripmall section of town, just off of the highway. Close to everything.

Our simple tastes were well satisfied at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!